|Maryland State Senate District 3|
|January 12, 2011-Present|
|January 5, 2015|
|Years in position||3|
|Elections and appointments|
|First elected||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Mayor, City of Frederick|
|Bachelor's||University of Maryland-College Park, 1967|
|Associate's||Frederick Community College, 1962|
|Other||M.Ed, Western Maryland College, 1970|
|Birthday||October 9, 1940|
|Place of birth||Frederick, Maryland|
|Profession||Consultant, Commercial Real Estate Sales|
- For the 2012 Kansas House candidate, see Ronald L. Young.
Ronald N. Young (b. October 19, 1940) is a Democratic member of the Maryland State Senate, representing District 3. He was first elected to the chamber in 2010. He previously served as the Mayor of the city of Frederick from 1974 to 1990.
Young earned his B.A. in History and Government from the University of Maryland, College Park in 1967 and his M.Ed. from Western Maryland College in 1970. His professional experience includes working as a consultant in commercial real estate sales, college instructor, newspaper columnist in Frederick, Maryland, and Town Manager for the Town of Indian Head.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Young served on these committees:
- Education, Health and Environmental Affairs
- Special Subcommittee on Program Open Space/Agricultural Land Preservation
- Subcommittee on Environment
- Subcommittee on Labor, Licensing, and Regulation
- See also: Maryland State Senate elections, 2014
Elections for the office of Maryland State Senate will consist of a primary election on June 24, 2014, and a general election on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 25, 2014. Incumbent Ronald Young is unopposed in the Democratic primary, while Corey Stottlemeyer is unopposed in the Republican primary.
- See also: Maryland State Senate elections, 2010
In the September 14 primary election, Young defeated Don DeArmon by a margin of 4,892 to 2,523.
|Maryland State Senate, District 3 (2010) General Election|
|Ronald Young (D)||22,710||51.2%|
|Alex Mooney (R)||21,666||48.8%|
|Maryland State Senate, District 3 - Democratic Primary (2010)|
In 2010, Young raised $95,735 in contributions.
His four largest contributors were:
|Maryland Trial Lawyers Association||$6,000|
|MD State Education Assoc Fund For Children & Public Ed||$6,000|
|Service Employees DC & Maryland State Council 54||$6,000|
Young is married and has five children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term Ronald + Young + Maryland + Senate
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Maryland State Legislature
- Maryland State Senate
- Maryland Senate Committees
- Maryland Joint Committees
- Maryland State Senate District 3
- Senate website
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2010
- Ron Young for Senate on Facebook
- Maryland Secretary of State, "Official primary election candidate list," accessed March 3, 2014
- Maryland State Board of Elections, "2010 General Election Official Results," accessed March 24, 2014
- Maryland State Board of Elections, "Official 2010 Gubernatorial Primary Election results for State Senator," accessed March 15, 2014
- Follow the Money, "Maryland 2010 - Candidates," accessed December 23, 2013
|Maryland State Senate District 3
| Succeeded by|