Rose Maria Li
|Rose Maria Li|
|Former candidate for|
|Maryland House of Delegates, District 16|
|Bachelor's||University of Chicago, 1985|
|Master's||University of Chicago, 1986; Princeton University, 1992|
|Ph.D.||Princeton University, 1992|
Li earned a B.A. in economics in 1985 and an M.B.A. with a focus on finance and international business in 1986 from the University of Chicago. She went on to earn an M.A. and Ph.D. from Princeton University in 1992. She pursued her post-doctoral studies at the University of Michigan from 1990 through 1992.
Professionally, Li has owned her own business since 2003. She also worked at the National Institute of Health in various positions.
Li listed the following themes on her campaign website:
- Excerpt: "More than 20-cents on the tax dollar returned to MoCo to ease overcrowding and modernize schools."
- Excerpt: "Stop Annapolis raiding our Transportation Trust Fund for non-transportation infrastructure use. Move to a performance-based funding strategy to focus investment. End Old-Boy Annapolis backroom games to blackouts by appointing Public Service Commissioners committed to consumer-centric oversight of Pepco. Rein in traffic cameras."
- Excerpt: "Fight to audit state budget expenditures to cut inefficiencies and waste. Establish oversight of bi-county agencies reporting to state legislature. Grow our tax base? You bet!"
Elections for the office of Maryland House of Delegates took place in 2014. A primary election took place on June 24, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 25, 2014. Marc Korman and incumbents Bill Frick and Ariana Kelly defeated Jordan P. Cooper, Peter Dennis, Hrant Jamgochian, Karen Kuker-Kihl and Gareth E. Murray in the Democratic primary, while John Andrews, Rose Maria Li and Lynda del Castillo were unopposed in the Republican primary. Korman, Frick and Kelly defeated Andrews, Li, and del Castillo for three seats in the general election.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Rose + Li + Maryland + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Maryland State Board of Elections, "2014 Gubernatorial Primary Election State Candidates List - House of Delegates," accessed May 9, 2014
- Information submitted through Ballotpedia's biographical submission form on October 5, 2014
- Vote Rose Li, "Home," accessed October 5, 2014
- Maryland Secretary of State, "Official primary election candidate list," accessed March 3, 2014
- Maryland State Board of Elections, "Official 2014 Gubernatorial Primary Election results for House of Delegates," accessed December 5, 2014
State of Maryland
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller | Treasurer | Superintendent of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Secretary of Natural Resources | Secretary of Labor, Licensing and Regulation | Chairman of Public Service Commission |