|Alaska State Senate District 11 (K)|
|Bachelor's||University of Wisconsin, Madison, 1971|
|Master's||University of Alaska, Fairbanks, 1981|
Cacy has worked in the following positions:
- Director, Literacy Council of Alaska
- Associate Director for Fiscal Affairs, Anchorage Literacy Project
- Director, UAA Adult Learning Center
- Math and Business Instructor, UAA
- Aquacize Instructor, Dimond Althletic Club
- Office Manager, H&R Block
Cacy stated the following about her political philosophy in a bio submission to Ballotpedia:
"Alaska is a wonderful place to live and its greatest resource is the people. We must invest in our people and they will appropriately develop the resources for the good of our state and our nation, and the future of our children and grandchildren.
All Alaskan youth should be given the educational opportunities they need to graduate high school and learn the skills needed to be productive. Adults also should have the opportunity for education and training to learn new skills to meet our changing world.
Just as we came together to build the Trans Alaska Pipeline on land and stop nuclear testing in our waters, we need to come together with all of our ideas for energy and other resources to develop them safely, thinking first of how the development will affect future generations. We need a skilled labor force and ethical managers with positive, inclusive visions of our future.
I believe that everyone has a part to play in making the future even brighter than the past. When I have a good job, I believe in paying my taxes. When I have access to health care and the good health that it has brought me, I want others to have it, too. When I think more should be done, before I complain, I need to step forward and do my part. This is why I am running for Alaska State Senate K in the neighborhood where I have lived for the past thirty-four years."
- See also: Alaska State Senate elections, 2012
Cacy ran in the 2012 election for Alaska State Senate District 11 (K). She ran unopposed in the August 28, 2012 Democratic primary and was defeated by incumbent Lesil McGuire (R) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Alaska State Senate, District 11 (K), General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Lesil McGuire Incumbent||66.4%||9,291|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Roselynn + Cacy + Alaska + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- [Bio Submission, August 31, 2012]
- Alaska Division of Elections, "2012 Primary Candidate List," accessed March 12, 2014
- Alaska Division of Elections, "Official 2012 Primary Results," accessed March 12, 2014
- Alaska Election Division, "Official 2012 General election results," accessed November 16, 2012