|Missouri Court of Appeals|
|Past position:||Associate circuit judge, Montgomery County Juvenile Division|
|Law School:||University of Missouri at Columbia|
On March 9, 2015, the Missouri Supreme Court moved Richter to the St. Louis County circuit court to preside over all of the City of Ferguson's current and future municipal court cases. He replaced former Judge Ronald Brockmeyer who resigned in the wake of the Justice Department's investigation into the August 2014 shooting death of Michael Brown. The order also authorized Richter to implement the changes needed to reform court policies and procedures and to "restore the integrity of the system." The order remains in effect until a further order by the court.
From 1977 through 1978, Richter served as a prosecuting attorney for Montgomery County. He then became an associate circuit judge for Montgomery County. From 1990 to 2006, he presided in the Juvenile Division of the court. He held this position until his appointment to the Missouri Court of Appeals in 2006.
Awards and associations
- 2002: Chief Justice's Award
- Missouri Association of Probate and Associate Circuit Judges (past president)
- Missouri Council of Juvenile and Family Court Judges (past president)
- Missouri Bar Judicial Article Review Commission
- Missouri Supreme Court Committees
- Kiwanis Club of Montgomery City (past president)
- Your Missouri Courts, "Missouri Court of Appeals: Eastern Division"
- Your Missouri Courts, "Judge Roy L. Richter"
State of Missouri
Jefferson City (capital)
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor & Industrial Relations | Chairman of Public Service Commission |