Royce W. Phillips
|Iowa State Senate, District 39|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
Phillips' campaign website emphasized the following campaign themes:
Excerpt: "By providing an environment of low taxation and reduced regulation where businesses can grow and entrepreneurship can flourish is the best way to create jobs in Iowa."
Excerpt: "The state of Iowa is based on Agriculture and is a fundamental heritage of Iowans. We must continue to support agriculture and make sure that our farm economy is strong. When agriculture prospers in Iowa, everyone in Iowa benefits."
Excerpt: "I’m a strong supporter of the 2nd Amendment and will not vote or support any state law to supersede it."
Excerpt: "We need to keep our budget balanced in Iowa. As your State Senator, I will not support any budget that spends more money than the state collects."
Excerpt: "I believe that parents should have the choice of how and where to educate their children. I am also opposed to Common Core–no question that educational standards are needed, but they need to be set by local school boards and parents, not a federally mandated, one-size-fits-all document."
- See also: Iowa State Senate elections, 2014
Elections for the office of Iowa State Senate will take place in 2014. A primary election took place June 3, 2014. The general election will be held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 14, 2014. Kevin Kinney defeated Richard Gilmore in the Democratic primary, while Michael D. Moore defeated Bob Anderson and Royce W. Phillips in the Republican primary. Kinney will face Moore in the general election.
|Iowa State Senate, District 39 Democratic Primary, 2014|
|Iowa State Senate, District 39 Republican Primary, 2014|
|Michael D. Moore||45.7%||1,231|
|Royce W. Phillips||19.1%||515|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Royce + Phillips + Iowa + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Official campaign website
- Royce W. Phillips on Facebook
- Royce W. Phillips on Twitter
- Iowa Secretary of State - Official primary election candidate list
- Royce W. Phillips campaign website, "About," accessed May 9, 2014
- Royce W. Phillips campaign website, "Issues," accessed May 9, 2014
- Iowa Secretary of State, "Official primary election candidate list," accessed March 18, 2014
- Iowa Secretary of State, "Official primary election results," accessed June 30, 2014