Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Illinois House of Representatives District 21|
|Bachelor's||Northeastern Illinois University|
|Master's||University of Illinois at Chicago|
Lozano earned his bachelor's degree in Community/Youth Organizing from Northeastern Illinois University. He went on to receive his master's degree in Educational Leadership from the University of Illinois at Chicago. He has worked as a teacher/counselor for Little Village Lawndale High School. He has also worked for AmeriCorps. In 2010, he ran for District 23 of the Illinois House of Representatives but was not elected.
Lozano's campaign website listed the following issues:
- Jobs and Economy
- Excerpt: "Rudy will create new jobs by supporting local businesses. He will partner with growing green industries to invest in job training and certification programs."
- Public Safety
- Excerpt: "Rudy will prevent crime by creating jobs and providing after-school programs for youth. He will invest in proven gang intervention and violence reduction programs including CeaseFire and Safety Networks."
- Excerpt: "Rudy will improve local schools. He will fight for the district’s fair share of federal and state funds to reduce class sizes, support teachers, and improve bilingual education, and expand after-school programs."
- Healthcare Access
- Excerpt: "Access to affordable quality health care is a fundamental human right. I have been a strong supporter of expanding and improving health access."
- Excerpt: "Immigrant rights are human rights. I have been a vocal leader for immigrant rights."
|Illinois House of Representatives, District 21 Democratic Primary, 2012|
Lozano and his wife, Celira, have two children.
- Official campaign website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Rudy Lozano for State Representative Facebook page
- Rudy Lozano on Twitter
State of Illinois
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Comptroller | Auditor General | Superintendent of Education | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor | Chairman of Commerce Commission |