Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Minnesota House of Representatives District 42A|
Bertsch's website highlights the following campaign themes:
Fiscal Responsibility and Accountability
- Excerpt:"I will work toward fiscal outcomes that begin with reasoned spending targets and reward those that implement savings and spending reductions."
Job Creation and Business Expansion
- Excerpt:"Let’s spur economic activity and get Minnesotans back to work by unleashing the productivity of entrepreneurs through reduced regulation and improvements to our business climate."
Tax Policy to Foster Prosperity
- Excerpt:"Governments that tax at high percentage rates receive less in total tax revenues as people move away. With fair tax rates, people will move in and prosper, thus increasing total tax revenues to fund needed priorities."
Family Values and Education
- Excerpt:"A traditional family provides the most stable home for the continuing development of our children. That combined with good teachers and proper resources will have positive impacts on academic achievement."
- Excerpt:"Weather cycles have persisted over time and will continue in the future. We all need to be grateful individual stewards and do what we can to ensure a livable planet for our children, grandchildren and beyond without government mandates."
Bertsch ran in the 2012 election for Minnesota House of Representatives District 42A. He was unopposed in the Republican primary on August 14 and was defeated by Barb Yarusso (D) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Minnesota House of Representatives, District 42A, General Election, 2012|