Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Former candidate for|
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 44|
Tierney's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt: "More funding for roads and infrastructure"
- Excerpt: "Practical hands on skills education"
- Excerpt: "Against raising taxes signed the Americans for Tax Reform Taxpayer Protection Pledge"
- Excerpt: "Lawsuit abuse reform - Loser pays tort reform"
- Excerpt: "NRA member and supporter of our 2nd Amendment rights, endorsed by NRA"
- Excerpt: "End Common Core"
- Excerpt: "End Obamacare"
- Excerpt: "End corporate welfare"
- Excerpt: "End crony capitalism"
- Excerpt: "Pro Life "Endorsed by Right to Life of Michigan""
Elections for the office of Michigan House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election was held on August 5, 2014, and a general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was April 22, 2014. Mark Venie was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Jim Runestad defeated Liz Fessler Smith, Dennis Garlick and Russ Tierney in the Republican primary. Runestad defeated Venie in the general election.
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 44 General Election, 2014|
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 44 Republican Primary, 2014|
|Liz Fessler Smith||33.2%||3,559|
In 2014, Tierney's endorsements included:
- Right to Life of Michigan
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Russ + Tierney + Michigan + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Michigan House of Representatives
- Michigan House of Representatives District 44
- Michigan House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Michigan State Legislature
- Official campaign website
- Profile from Vote-USA
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Russ Tierney on Facebook
- Michigan Secretary of State, "2014 Official Michigan Primary Candidate Listing," accessed May 27, 2014
- voterusstierney.com, "Issues," accessed July 29, 2014
- Michigan Secretary of State, "Representative in State Legislature," accessed August 6, 2014
- Michigan Secretary of State, "Representative in State Legislature," accessed December 5, 2014
- Michigan Secretary of State, "2014 Official Michigan General Candidate Listing," accessed September 8, 2014
- Right to Life of Michigan, "Elections," accessed June 18, 2014
State of Michigan
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor General | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Director of Agriculture and Rural Development | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor and Economic Growth | Chairman of Public Service Commission |