|Hawaii State Senate District 2|
|November 6, 2012-Present|
|November 8, 2016|
|Years in position||2|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 8, 2016|
|High school||Overbrook High School|
|Bachelor's||Penn State University|
Ruderman earned his diploma from Overbrook High School in 1971 and his B.S. in Biology from Penn State University in 1975. His professional experience includes working as the founder and president of Island Naturals Markets.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Ruderman served on the following committees:
|Hawaii Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Energy and Environment|
|• Ways and Means|
Ruberman's campaign website listed the following issues:
- "Job creation;
- Sustainable economic development;
- Support better education, including local control of schools, and support for Charter Schools;
- Protect our environment;
- Support small farmers and organic agriculture;
- Safe, renewable energy and energy efficiency;
- Improve transportation in Puna – make Highway 130 safe!
- Support campaign finance reform;
- Establish video conferencing for Neighbor Islands;
- Support for Native Hawaiian rights;
- Support for LGBT civil rights."
- See also: Hawaii State Senate elections, 2012
Ruderman won election in the 2012 election for Hawaii State Senate District 2. He defeated Wendell Ka'ehu'ae'a, Bob Herkes and Gary Safarik in the August 11 Democratic primary and defeated Daryl Lee Smith (R) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Hawaii State Senate, District 2, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Daryl Lee Smith||23.1%||3,154|
|Hawaii State Senate, District 2 Democratic Primary, 2012|
Comprehensive donor information for Ruderman is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Ruderman raised a total of $41,198 during that time period. This information was last updated on June 24, 2013.
|Russell Ruderman's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Hawaii State Senate, District 2||$41,198|
|Grand Total Raised||$41,198|
2012Ruderman won election to the Hawaii State Senate in 2012. During that election cycle, Ruderman raised a total of $41,198.
|Hawaii State Senate 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Russell Ruderman's campaign in 2012|
|Ruderman, Russell E||$23,808|
|Hawaii State Teachers Association||$1,500|
|Hawaii Government Employees Association||$1,000|
|Total Raised in 2012||$41,198|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Ruderman has one child. He is a photographer, sailor, scuba diver and member of three bands ranging from classic rock to Latin dance.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google News search for the term "Russel + Ruderman + Hawaii + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Hawaii State Senate
- Hawaii Senate Committees
- Hawaii State Senate District 2
- Hawaii State Legislature
- Official campaign website
- Profile from Open States
- Project Vote Smart profile
- Campaign Contributions: 2012
- Russell Ruderman, "About Russell Ruderman," accessed September 11, 2012
- Russell Ruderman, "Issues," accessed September 15, 2012
- civilbeat.com, " Unofficial 2012 Primary election candidate list," accessed March 24, 2014
- Hawaii Secretary of State, "Official 2012 Primary election results," accessed March 24, 2014
- followthemoney.org, "Ruderman, Russell," accessed June 24, 2013
Gilbert Kahele (D)
|Hawaii State Senate District 2
| Succeeded by|