|Alabama State Senate District 34|
|November 5, 2018|
|Years in position||9|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|Next general||November 6, 2018|
|Alabama House of Representatives|
|Associates||Faulkner State Community College, 1986|
|Bachelor's||University of South Alabama, 1989|
|Master's||University of South Alabama, 1999|
|Date of birth||April 17, 1966|
|Place of birth||Mobile, AL|
|Profession||High School History Teacher|
From the University of South Alabama, Glover received a B. S. in Secondary Education, a Master's degree in Secondary Education and a Master's degree in History.
2015 legislative session
At the beginning of the 2015 legislative session, Glover served on the following committees:
|Alabama Committee Assignments, 2015|
|• Agriculture, Conservation and Forestry|
|• Finance and Taxation Education, Vice chair|
|• Governmental Affairs|
|• Mobile County Legislation|
Glover served on these committees in the 2011-2012 legislative session:
|Alabama Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Agriculture, Conservation and Forestry, Vice chair|
|• Business and Labor, Chair|
|• Fiscal Responsibility and Accountability|
|• Local Legislation No. 3|
|• Tourism and Marketing|
- See also: Alabama State Senate elections, 2014
Elections for the office of Alabama State Senate took place in 2014. A primary election took place on June 3, 2014; a runoff election took place where necessary on July 15, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 7, 2014. Incumbent Rusty Glover was unopposed in the Republican primary and was unchallenged in the general election.
- See also: Alabama State Senate elections, 2010
Glover won re-election to the 34th District seat in 2010. He had no opposition in the November 2 general election.
Glover raised $285,077 for his campaign.
Campaign donor information is not yet available for this year.
In 2010, Glover raised $96,255 in contributions.
His three largest contributors were:
|Alabama Retail Association||$12,500|
|Alabama Power Co||$10,000|
In 2006, Glover collected $285,077 in donations.
His six largest contributors in 2006 were:
|Alabama Farmers Federation||$46,924|
|Medical Association of the State of Alabama||$10,000|
|Alabama Associated General Contractors||$10,000|
|Alabama Forestry Association||$10,000|
|Alabama Association Of Realtors||$10,000|
In 2010, Glover's endorsements included the following:
- The Alabama Tea Party Express
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
Note: As of May 2015, we were unable to locate any scorecards for the state of Alabama. If you are aware of a scorecard Ballotpedia has not included please email it to email@example.com.
Glover and his wife, Connie, have two children. They currently reside in Mobile, Alabama.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Rusty + Glover + Alabama + Senate." Because the results are from a Google search, it is possible that some of the links below are not actually related to the legislator.
- Alabama State Senate
- Senate Committees
- Alabama State Legislature
- Alabama state legislative districts
- Official Alabama State Senate website of Senator Rusty Glover
- Profile from Open States
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Project Vote Smart biography of Senator Rusty Glover (AL)
- Campaign Contributions: 2010, 2006, 2002
- Rusty Glover rocks!!! page on Facebook
- Official Senate Biography
- Alabama Democrats, "Qualified candidates for public office list," accessed February 25, 2014
- Alabama Republican Party, "State Senate," accessed February 25, 2014
- Alabama Secretary of State, "Official Democratic Primary Results," accessed June 20, 2014
- Alabama Secretary of State, "Official Republican Primary Results," accessed June 20, 2014
- Alabama Secretary of State, "Official 2010 General election results," accessed July 18, 2014
- Alabama Secretary of State, "Official 2006 election results," accessed April 15, 2014
- Follow The Money, "Funds raised by 2006 Alabama Senate candidates," accessed April 15, 2014
- Follow the Money, "2010 contributions," accessed December 23, 2013
- 2006 contributions to Rusty Glover
- The Alabama Tea Party Express, "Endorsements," November 2, 2010
|Alabama House of Representatives
| Succeeded by|
|Alabama State Senate District 34
| Succeeded by|