|Pennsylvania House of Representatives District 3|
|January 1, 2013|
|December 1, 2014|
|Years in position||1|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Place of birth||Erie, PA|
Bizarro earned his A.A. in Political Science from Edinboro University, his bachelor's degree in Criminal Justice from Edinboro University and his master's degree in Public Administration from Gannon University. His professional experience includes working as an advocate for the Office of District Attorney and Crime Victim Center in Erie County and as a Behavioral Health Specialist for McKinley Elementary School.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Bizzarro served on the following committees:
|Pennsylvania Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Aging & Older Adult Services|
|• Gaming Oversight|
|• Veterans Affairs & Emergency Preparedness, Democratic Secretary|
Elections for the office of Pennsylvania House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on May 20, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 11, 2014. Incumbent Ryan Bizzarro was unopposed in the Democratic primary, while Luke Lofgren was unopposed in the Republican primary. Bizzarro defeated Lofgren in the general election.
Bizzarro ran in the 2012 election for Pennsylvania House District 3. Bizzarro ran unchallenged in the Democratic primary on April 24 and defeated Jason Owen (R) in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Pennsylvania House of Representatives, District 3, General Election, 2012|
Comprehensive donor information for Ryan Bizzarro is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Ryan Bizzarro raised a total of $119,772 during that time period. This information was last updated on September 11, 2013.
|Ryan Bizzarro's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Pennsylvania House of Representatives, District 3||$119,772|
|Grand Total Raised||$119,772|
2012Ryan Bizzarro won election to the Pennsylvania House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Ryan Bizzarro raised a total of $119,772.
|Pennsylvania House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Ryan Bizzarro's campaign in 2012|
|Pennsylvania Association for Justice||$32,500|
|Pennsylvania State Education Association||$10,000|
|Pennsylvania Democratic Party||$7,320|
|Pennsylvania Service Employees||$5,000|
|Total Raised in 2012||$119,772|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
- The American Conservative Union: 2013 Legislative scorecard
- Legislators were scored on their votes on key conservative issues.
- Liberty City LGBT Democratic Club: 2014 Legislative Scorecard
- Legislators were scored on their support for legislation related to LGBT equality.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Ryan + Bizzarro + Pennsylvania + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Pennsylvania House of Representatives
- House Committees
- Pennsylvania General Assembly
- Joint Committees
- Pennsylvania state legislative districts
- Official campaign website
- Rep. Bizzarro's personal website
- Profile from the Pennsylvania House of Representatives
- Profile from Open States
- Ryan Bizzarro on Facebook
- Ryan Bizzarro on Twitter
- Campaign contributions via Follow the Money
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Project Vote Smart, "Biography," accessed May 12, 2014
- Pennsylvania Department of State, "Official primary results for May 20, 2014," accessed July 9, 2014
- Pennsylvania Department of State, "2014 Official Candidate Listing," accessed March 21, 2014
- Pennsylvania Department of State, "2012 Primary Candidate List In Ballot Order," March 9, 2012
- followthemoney.org, "Bizzaro, Ryan," accessed September 11, 2013
John Hornaman (D)
|Pennsylvania House of Representatives District 3
| Succeeded by|
State of Pennsylvania
|State executive offices||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor General | Secretary of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Secretary of Conservation and Natural Resources | Secretary of Labor & Industry | Chairman of Public Utilities |