For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
|U.S. House, Pennsylvania, District 6|
|January 3, 2015 - Present|
|January 3, 2017|
|Years in position||0|
|Predecessor||Jim Gerlach (R)|
|Base salary||$174,000/ year|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|First elected||November 4, 2014|
|Next general||November 8, 2016|
|Chester County Board of Commissioners, Chair|
|J.D.||Villanova School of Law|
|Date of birth||September 7, 1976|
|Place of birth||Phoenixville, Pa.|
Costello graduated from Ursinus College and the Villanova School of Law. He has practiced law since 2002 with O'Donnell, Weiss & Mattei, P.C. Costello served as chair of the Chester County Board of Commissioners. He was first elected to the board in 2011. He previously served as Chester County recorder of deeds and as chair of the East Vincent Township Board of Supervisors.
Below is an abbreviated outline of Hill's academic, professional and political career:
- 2015-Present: U.S. Representative from Pennsylvania's 6th Congressional District
- 2011-2015: Chair of the Chester County Board of Commissioners
- 2002: Graduated from Villanova University with a LL.B.
- 1999: Graduated from Ursinus College with a B.A.
Prior to entering politics, Costello was a private practice lawyer.
Costello serves on the following committees:
|U.S. House, Pennsylvania District 6 General Election, 2014|
|Source: Pennsylvania Department of State|
Costello was added to the Republican Party’s 2014 "Young Guns" top 10 list of candidates for the House. According to the National Republican Congressional Committee, candidates were added to the list by demonstrating "their ability to build a formidable campaign structure and achieve important goals and benchmarks.”
|Poll||Ryan Costello||Manan Trivedi||Undecided||Margin of Error||Sample Size|
|Lake Research Partners|
|Note: The polls above may not reflect all polls that have been conducted. Those displayed are a random sampling chosen by Ballotpedia staff. If you would like to nominate another poll for inclusion in the table, send an email to email@example.com|
|Ryan Costello (2014) Campaign Finance Reports|
|Report||Date Filed||Beginning Balance||Total Contributions|
for Reporting Period
|Expenditures||Cash on Hand|
|April Quarterly||April 15, 2014||$0.00||$344,450.00||$(39,141.34)||$305,308.66|
Costello and his wife, Christine, have a son and live in West Chester.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Ryan + Costello + Pennsylvania + Congress"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- United States House of Representatives
- Pennsylvania's 6th Congressional District elections, 2014
- Pennsylvania's 6th Congressional District
- Pennsylvania Department of State, "Primary candidate list," accessed March 12, 2014
- Campaign website, "Meet Ryan," accessed March 17, 2014
- Biographical Directory of the United States Congress, "Ryan Costello," accessed January 28, 2015
- U.S. House of Representatives, Office of the Clerk, "Committee Information," accessed February 20, 2015
- Associated Press, "Pennsylvania - Summary Vote Results," May 20, 2014
- NewsMax.com, "Republican Party Rolls Out 2014 'Young Guns' List," accessed May 12, 2014
- Federal Election Commission, "Costello 2014 Summary reports," accessed April 23, 2014
- Federal Election Commission, "April Quarterly," accessed April 23, 2014
Jim Gerlach (R)
|U.S. House of Representatives - Pennsylvania District 6
| Succeeded by|
State of Pennsylvania
|State executive offices||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor General | Secretary of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Secretary of Conservation and Natural Resources | Secretary of Labor & Industry | Chairman of Public Utilities |