|Pennsylvania House of Representatives District 134|
|December 1, 2014|
|Years in position||1|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||April 24, 2012|
|Next election||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||New York University|
Mackenzie earned his B.S. in Finance and International Business from New York University in 2004 and his M.B.A. from Harvard University in 2010.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Mackenzie served on the following committees:
|Pennsylvania Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Gaming Oversight|
|• Labor & Industry, Vice Chair|
|• Tourism & Recreational Development|
Mackenzie's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt:"In an economic climate where Pennsylvania’s tax collections are already down, out of control government spending needs to be reduced so that lower taxes can be realized going forward."
Less Government Spending
- Excerpt:"Citizens know how to spend their money better than the government. Wasteful and excessive government spending is a reality and a critical look needs to be taken at all existing programs."
Excellent Constituent Service
- Excerpt:"Bloated, complicated government has created a maze of forms and paperwork for individuals. While working to reduce government, top-notch constituent service must be offered so that people can make government work for them. Responsiveness to constituents and accessibility are priorities that must always be carried out."
- Excerpt:"Having the right beliefs is important, but putting those beliefs into action is where the rubber meets the road. As the Director of Policy at Pennsylvania’s Department of Labor & Industry, Ryan was viewed as an effective and conservative policymaker who had the ability to persuade others with well-researched facts and figures."
|Pennsylvania House of Representatives, District 134, Special Election, 2012|
Mackenzie ran in the 2012 election for Pennsylvania House District 134. Mackenzie defeated Arlene Dabrow in the Republican primary on April 24. He defeated John Reynard in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Pennsylvania House of Representatives, District 134, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Ryan Mackenzie Incumbent||59.6%||22,360|
|Pennsylvania House of Representatives, District 134 Republican Primary, 2012|
Comprehensive donor information for Ryan Mackenzie is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Ryan Mackenzie raised a total of $334,969 during that time period. This information was last updated on September 17, 2013.
|Ryan Mackenzie's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Pennsylvania House of Representatives, District 134||$334,969|
|Grand Total Raised||$334,969|
2012Ryan Mackenzie won re-election to the Pennsylvania House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Ryan Mackenzie raised a total of $334,969.
|Pennsylvania House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Ryan Mackenzie's campaign in 2012|
|House Republican Campaign Cmte of Pennsylvania||$123,363|
|Pennsylvania Republican Party||$70,780|
|Pennsylvania Association of Realtors||$9,750|
|Pennsylvania Future Fund||$8,500|
|Friends of Mike Turzai||$5,000|
|Total Raised in 2012||$334,969|
|Source:Follow the Money|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Ryan + Mackenzie + Pennsylvania + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- In reversal, Pennsylvania House passes transportation bill - Allentown Morning Call
- Pay raises coming for state officials - Allentown Morning Call
- Thunderstorms and tornadoes sweep across the Midwest - ABC30.com
- Danbury 8th graders tour Gettysburg & Washington DC - The Beacon
- Along comes new contemporary romances ... - USA TODAY
- Golf notices - Irish Independent
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
- Office website
- Campaign website
- Ryan Mackenzie on Twitter
- Ryan Mackenzie on LinkedIn
- Campaign contributions: 2012
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Philadelphia Enquirer, "Six Pennsylvania House seats to be filled in April," March 1, 2012
- ↑ ryanforpa.com - Issues
- ↑ Reading Eagle, "Democrats pick House candidate for Reichley seat," March 7, 2012
- ↑ Pennsylvania Department of State, "Special Elections," Accessed April 7, 2012
- ↑ Lehigh County, 2012 Special Election General Primary, April 24, 2011
- ↑ Berks County, "134th Special Election, April 24, 2012
- ↑ Pennsylvania Department of State, "2012 Primary Candidate List In Ballot Order," March 9, 2012
- ↑ followthemoney.org, "Mackenzie, Ryan" Accessed September 17, 2013
|Pennsylvania House Of Representatives District 134
| Succeeded by|
State of Pennsylvania
|State executive offices||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor General | Secretary of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Secretary of Conservation and Natural Resources | Secretary of Labor & Industry | Chairman of Public Utilities |