|South Dakota State Senate District 28|
|January 13, 2015|
|Years in position||7|
|Majority Whip, South Dakota State Senate|
|Base salary||$12,000/two-year term|
|Per diem||$110/legislative day|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 8, 2016|
|Term limits||Four terms|
|Bachelor's||Black Hills State University, 2000|
|Master's||Colorado Graduate School of Banking, 2007|
|Birthday||August 19, 1977|
|Place of birth||Mobridge, SD|
|Profession||Owner, Sparker Bar and Grill|
Maher earned his B.S. in Accounting from Black Hills State University in 2000. He went on to receive his M.S. in Banking from Colorado Graduate School of Banking in 2007.
Maher was a member of the Isabel School Board from 2002 to 2007.
Maher worked as an auditor for the Office of Inspector General, United States Department of Health, from 2000 to 2002. He then worked as County Executive Director for Farm Service Agency from 2002 to 2004. From 2004 to 2008, he worked as a loan officer for Farmers State Bank. He became the owner of Sparker Bar and Grill in 2005 and has worked there since.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Maher served on the following committees:
|South Dakota Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Commerce and Energy|
|• Taxation, Chair|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Maher served on the following committees:
|South Dakota Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Agriculture and Natural Resources, Vice Chair|
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Maher served on the following committees:
|South Dakota Committee Assignments, 2009|
|• Agriculture and Natural Resources|
|South Dakota State Senate, District 28 (2010)|
|Ryan Maher (R)||4,732||72.05%|
|Julie Garreau (D)||1,836||27.95%|
Maher raised $20,735 for his campaign while Wolff raised $30,664.
|South Dakota State Senate, District 28 (2008)|
|Ryan Maher (D)||5,134||62.34%|
|Les Wolff (R)||3,101||37.66%|
Comprehensive donor information for Ryan Maher is available dating back to 2006. Based on available campaign finance records, Ryan Maher raised a total of $61,106 during that time period. This information was last updated on September 26, 2013.
|Ryan Maher's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||South Dakota State Senate, District 28||$3,748|
|2010||South Dakota State Senate, District 28||$13,968|
|2008||South Dakota State Senate, District 28||$20,735|
|2006||South Dakota State Senate, District 28||$22,655|
|Grand Total Raised||$61,106|
2012Ryan Maher won re-election to the South Dakota State Senate in 2012. During that election cycle, Ryan Maher raised a total of $3,748.
|South Dakota State Senate 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Ryan Maher's campaign in 2012|
|South Dakota Retailers Association Pac||$1,000|
|Peter Norbeck Pac||$500|
|Betty Olson - State Representative||$348|
|Black Hills Corp||$300|
|Total Raised in 2012||$3,748|
|Source:Follow the Money|
In 2010, Maher received $13,968 in campaign donations. The largest contributors are listed below.
|South Dakota State Senate 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Ryan Maher's campaign in 2010|
|South Dakota Retailers Accociation||$1,000|
|Florida Power & Light||$500|
|Lindskov, Dennis & Margaret||$500|
|South Dakota Association of Realtors||$500|
|Kerstiens, Chuck & Louise||$500|
|Total Raised in 2010||$13,968|
Maher raised $20,735 during the 2008 election cycle.
His top contributors are listed below.
|South Dakota Majority Project||$2,500|
|Independent Community Bankers of South Dakota||$700|
|South Dakota Trial Lawyers Association||$500|
|South Dakota Education Association||$500|
|South Dakota State Medical Association||$400|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Ryan + Maher + South + Dakota + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Sen. Maher: Budget, Medicaid, Common Core on agenda - Timberlakesouthdakota
- Bills would allow businesses, clergy to refuse to service same-sex weddings - Rapid City Journal
- Deadwood, term limits amendments on the table - Watertown Public Opinion
- Senate moves to restrict Common Core - AberdeenNews.com
- Senate sets restrictions on Common Core use but rejects study panel - The Capital Journal
- From SD to DC? State Sen. Larry Rhoden wants to add US to his senate title - Rapid City Journal
- Lawmaker wants reading standards set for first, second graders - Rapid City Journal
- Belle Fourche legislator crackerbarrels scheduled - Rapid City Journal
- Capitol Notebook: The Legislature might be better after the review - Vermillion Plain Talk
- Governor Gives State of the State Address Tuesday-Area Lawmakers React to ... - Drgnews
- Office website from the South Dakota Legislature
- Bio from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2012, 2010, 2008, 2006
- Office of the South Dakota Secretary of State "2012 Primary Election Candidate List," Accessed April 11, 2012
- 2008 Election Results, South Dakota Senate, District 28
- District 28 South Dakota Senate Spending, 2008
- followthemoney.org, "Maher, Ryan" Accessed September 26, 2013
- followthemoney.org, "2010 contributions," accessed December 23, 2013
- Campaign contributors to Ryan Maher
|South Dakota Senate District 28
| Succeeded by|