|North Dakota Tax Commissioner|
|January 1, 2014 - present|
|Years in position||1|
|Predecessor||Cory Fong (R)|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|Appointed||November 8, 2013|
|Appointed by||Gov. Jack Dalrymple (R)|
|Deputy Tax Commissioner|
|Bachelor's||University of North Dakota|
|Master's||University of North Dakota|
- 1 Biography
- 2 Political career
- 3 Elections
- 4 Appointments
- 5 Campaign donors
- 6 Recent news
- 7 See also
- 8 External links
- 9 References
Rauschenberger ran for election to a full term on November 4, 2014. He defeated Jason Astrup and Libertarian candidate Anthony Mangnall with a margin of victory of 20.1 percent. Learn more about Rauschenberger's themes for the 2014 campaign in the campaign themes section.
Rauschenberger served as the state’s deputy tax commissioner from 2009 to 2013. Before his appointment as tax commissioner, he worked at the North Dakota Department of Commerce and the Minneapolis office of accounting firm PricewaterhouseCoopers.
- Bachelor of Accountancy degree, University of North Dakota
- MBA, University of North Dakota
North Dakota Tax Commissioner (2014-present)
Rauschenberger assumed the office of North Dakota Tax Commissioner on January 1, 2014. He succeeded long-time commissioner Cory Fong, who resigned effective December 31, 2013, to pursue a public affairs position with Odney Advertising.
Rauschenberger previously served as the deputy tax commissioner, a position charged with heading the department's research and policy initiatives. The deputy tax commissioner also works as a liaison to the North Dakota State Legislature on tax issues and represents the commissioner at state boards.
Rauschenberger ran for election to the office of North Dakota Tax Commissioner in 2014. He won the Republican nomination in the unopposed primary on June 10. Rauschenberger defeated Democratic candidate Jason Astrup and Libertarian candidate Anthony Mangnall in the general election on November 4, 2014.
|North Dakota Tax Commissioner, 2014|
|Republican||Ryan Rauschenberger Incumbent||56.8%||135,329|
|Election Results via North Dakota Secretary of State.|
Rauschenberger received the endorsement of the Bismarck Tribune prior to the general election.
Rauschenberger ran on the following themes in the 2014 election:
Expertise of an Accountant
—Ryan Rauschenberger's campaign website, (2015) 
Comprehensive donor information for Rauschenberger is available dating back to 2014. Based on available campaign finance records, Rauschenberger raised a total of $134,100 during that time period. This information was last updated on January 21, 2015.
|Ryan Rauschenberger's Campaign Contribution History|
|2014||North Dakota Tax Commissioner||$134,100|
|Grand Total Raised||$134,100|
Ballotpedia collects information on campaign donors for each year in which a candidate or incumbent is running for election. The following table offers a breakdown of Ryan Rauschenberger's donors each year. Click [show] for more information.
|Ryan Rauschenberger's Campaign Contributions|
North Dakota Tax Commissioner
|Total Raised by General Election Opponents||$0|
|Top 5 contributors||John & Mical Hoeven||$10,000|
|John F. Jordan||$5,000|
|Jack & Elizabeth Dalrymple||$5,000|
|Patrick M. Finken||$5,000|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Ryan + Rauschenberger + North + Dakota + Tax + Commissioner"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- North Dakota Tax Commissioner
- Cory Fong
- Gov. Jack Dalrymple
- North Dakota down ballot state executive elections, 2014
- Bismarck Tribune, "Dalrymple appoints Rauschenberger as tax commissioner," November 8, 2013
- The Bismarck Tribune, "Republican the first to report campaign contributions," January 30, 2014
- North Dakota office of the Governor, "Dalrymple Appoints Ryan Rauschenberger North Dakota Tax Commissioner," November 8, 2013
- The Bismarck Tribune, "Cory Fong leaving tax department," October 1, 2013
- NDTax, "New Tax Commissioner Announces Deputy Tax Commissioner," December 16, 2013
- Friends of Ryan Rauschenberger, "Bismarck Tribune Endorses Ryan Rauschenberger," accessed January 21, 2015
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
- Friends of Ryan Rauschenberger, "Home," accessed January 21, 2015
- Prairie Business, "Dalrymple appoints Rauschenberger tax commissioner," November 8, 2013
- Follow the Money, "Contributions to Rauschenberger, Ryan," accessed January 21, 2015
- Follow the Money.org, "Home," accessed February 17, 2015
Cory Fong (R)
|North Dakota Tax Commissioner
January 1, 2014 - present
| Succeeded by|
State of North Dakota
List of North Dakota ballot measures | Local measures | School bond issues | Ballot measure laws | Initiative laws | History of I&R | History of direct democracy | Campaign Finance Requirements | Recall process |
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Director of Game and Fish | Commissioner of Labor | Public Service Commission |