|U.S. House, Texas, District 21|
|Elections and appointments|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Place of birth||Iredell, Texas|
A Texas native, Shields' hometown is Iredell, Texas.
Shields attended Texas A&M San Antonio from 2007 to 2010 focusing on history and political science. He did not graduate. Shields has worked in the oilfields since 2012.
Shields' campaign website lists the following issues:
- 1. Introduce Fair Tax And Balance Budget Amendment.
- Excerpt: "This amendment will provide that the united states may no longer spend more money than it makes. A simple yet highly contested view in government. The amendment will allow in times of great exception the ability to borrow monies not yet received to pay for immediate military threats and great natural disaster relief."
- 2. Decrease Power Of The I.R.S.
- Excerpt: "With the passage and ratification of the fair tax and balance budget amendment the i.R.S. Will in fact be split into two parts..."
- 3. Strengthen Private Property Rights.
- Excerpt: "For far too long the government has maintained a threat base for tax collection, i.E. Home and property seizures. Through this new tax system the i.R.S. Will no longer have the authority nor need to threaten homeowners with foreclosure and property liquidation."
- 4. Bring An End To The Federal Reserve.
- Excerpt: "With the passage and ratification of the fair tax and balance budget amendment the federal debt will eventually be paid in full and create a "rainy day fund" to draw on in times of need without borrowing money from the federal reserve."
- 5. Reintroduce The Marijuana Tax Act Of 1937.
- Excerpt: "The original legislation that outlawed marijuana in the us can carefully be rewritten to legalize it. With states voting to legalize marijuana the us government has a duty to its citizens in kind to pass legislation allowing states the regulatory authority over the production and distribution of marijuana."
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Ryan + Shields + Texas + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- United States House of Representatives
- Texas' 21st Congressional District elections, 2014
- Texas' 21st Congressional District
- Texas Tribune, "U.S. House elections brackets," accessed January 7, 2014
- Facebook: "Shields for Congress, About," accessed January 26, 2014
- ''Information submitted on Ballotpedia’s biographical information submission form on January 18, 2014
- Campaign website, "Platform," accessed January 24, 2014
State of Texas
|State executive offices||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Secretary of State | Attorney General | Comptroller | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of General Land Office | Chairman of Workforce Commission | Chairman of Public Utilities | Chairman of Railroad Commission |
List of Counties |
List of Cities |
Texas school districts A - L |
Texas school districts M - Z |