|Rhode Island State Senate District 19|
|January 6, 2015|
|Years in position||1|
|Cumberland School Committee|
|High school||Cumberland High School|
|Profession||Assistant Vice President, finance company|
Pearson attended American University and earned his B.S. in Finance from Providence College. His professional experience includes serving as Assistant Vice President at RBS Citizens.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Pearson served on the following committees:
|Rhode Island Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Government Oversight|
|• Special Legislation & Veterans' Affairs|
Elections for the office of Rhode Island State Senate will consist of a primary election on September 9, 2014, and a general election on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was June 25, 2014. Incumbent Ryan Pearson is unopposed in the Democratic primary.
Pearson won election in the 2012 election for Rhode Island State Senate District 19. He defeated James B. Spooner in the Democratic primary on September 11. Incumbent Bethany Moura ran unopposed in the Republican primary. Pearson defeated Moura and independent Steven T. Orsini in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Rhode Island State Senate, District 19 Democratic Primary, 2012|
Comprehensive donor information for Ryan Pearson is available dating back to 2010. Based on available campaign finance records, Ryan Pearson raised a total of $42,785 during that time period. This information was last updated on July 26, 2013.
|Ryan Pearson's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Rhode Island State Senate, District 19||$23,629|
|2010||Rhode Island State Senate, District 19||$19,156|
|Grand Total Raised||$42,785|
2012Ryan Pearson won election to the Rhode Island State Senate in 2012. During that election cycle, Ryan Pearson raised a total of $23,629.
|Rhode Island State Senate 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Ryan Pearson's campaign in 2012|
|International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers||$1,000|
|Rhode Island Senate Democrats||$1,000|
|Providence Fire Fighters Local 799||$1,000|
|Rhode Island Senate Leadership||$1,000|
|Rhode Island Afl-Cio||$1,000|
|Total Raised in 2012||$23,629|
|Source:Follow the Money|
2010Ryan Pearson lost the election for the Rhode Island State Senate in 2010. During that election cycle, Ryan Pearson raised a total of $19,156.
|Rhode Island State Senate 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Ryan Pearson's campaign in 2010|
|Pearson, Ryan William||$2,276|
|Rhode Island Senate Democratic Leadership||$1,500|
|Rhode Island Dental Association||$1,000|
|Connors Campaign Cmte||$1,000|
|Total Raised in 2010||$19,156|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
- American Civil Liberties Union of Rhode Island: 2013-2014 Voting Record
- Legislators were scored based on their votes on bills related to civil liberties.
- Common Cause: 2013-2014 Legislative Scorecard
- Legislators were scored based on votes on government reform.
- Rhode Island Center for Freedom and Prosperity: 2013 Session Freedom Index
- Legislators were scored based on their votes on bills deemed to have an effect on free-market, small-government, or constitutional principles.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Ryan + Pearson + Rhode + Island + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Rhode Island State Senate
- Senate Committees
- Rhode Island General Assembly
- Joint Committees
- Rhode Island state legislative districts
- Profile from the Rhode Island State Senate
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2012 2010
- Project Vote Smart, "Biography of Sen. Ryan Pearson," accessed June 6, 2014
- Rhode Island Secretary of State, "Candidates for Senator in General Assembly," accessed June 30, 2014
- Candidates in Upcoming Elections, "Rhode Island Secretary of State," accessed July 5, 2012
- State of Rhode Island Board of Elections, "2012 Statewide Primary Results," accessed June 6, 2014
- State of Rhode Island Board of Elections, "2012 Statewide General Election Results," accessed June 6, 2014
- followthemoney.org, "Pearson, Ryan William," accessed July 26, 2013
Bethany Moura (R)
|Rhode Island State Senate District 19
| Succeeded by|