S. "Sam" Rasoul
|S. "Sam" Rasoul|
|Virginia House of Delegates, District 11|
|January 8, 2014 - Present|
|January 13, 2016|
|Years in position||0|
|Elections and appointments|
|First elected||January 7, 2014|
|Next general||November 3, 2015|
At the beginning of the 2014 legislative session, Rasoul served on the following committees:
|Virginia Committee Assignments, 2014|
|• Privileges and Elections|
|• Science and Technology|
A special election for the position of Virginia House of Delegates District 11 was called for January 7. Candidates were nominated by their party rather than chosen through a primary. The nominating deadline for parties was December 11, 2013.
|Virginia House of Delegates, District 11, Special Election, 2013|
|Democratic||S. "Sam" Rasoul||70.3%||5,129|
|Republican||Octavia L. Johnson||29.7%||2,166|
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
- Virginia Chamber of Commerce: 2014 Legislative Report Card
- Legislators are scored based on their support of pro-business issues during the 2014 legislative session.
- Virginia League of Conservation Voters: 2014 Scorecard
- Legislators are scored on their votes on environmental and conservation issues.
- Northern Virginia Chamber Partners: 2014 Scorecard
- Legislators are scored on their votes on business and quality of life issues.
- Virginia Manufactures Association: 2014 Legislative Wrap Up
- Legislators are scored on their votes on bills that VMA introduced or was part of an coalition that introduced it.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Sam + Rasoul + Virginia + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Virginia State Legislature
- Virginia House of Delegates
- Virginia House of Delegates Committees
- Virginia state legislative districts
- sbe.virginia.gov, "Official candidate list," accessed December 13, 2013
- washingtonpost.com, "Va. Senate control hangs in balance as Democrat leads special election by 22 votes," January 7, 2014
- Virginia Secretary of State, "Official special election results," accessed January 22, 2014
- roanoke.com, " Ware to resign from House of Delegates, citing mother’s poor health," November 14, 2013
- governor.virginia.gov, " Governor McDonnell Sets Date for Special Election in Virginia House District 11," November 27, 2013
Onzlee Ware (D)
|Virginia House of Delegates District 11
| Succeeded by|
State of Virginia
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of Public Accounts | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor and Industry | Chairman of State Corporation Commission |