Sacramento County is one of 58 counties in California.
As of 2006 the population was 1,347,799. The County covers about 994 square miles in the middle of the Central Valley, California's prime agricultural region.
- Main article: Evaluation of California county websites
- The names and contact information for all board of supervisor members is provided.
- Board of supervisor meeting minutes are agendas are published.
- The current budget is published.
- Information on contracts is provided.
- Information on taxes is provided.
- Information on building permits and zoning is available.
- Administrative officials are listed on their respective department pages, along with physical address, telephone, and email contact information.
- Audits are easily found under the Finance Departments Auditor-Controller tab. 
- Main article: California public pensions
It was revealed that 53 former Sheriff deputies were collecting pension benefits and unemployment checks, which totaled $300,000.
- Main article: California government sector lobbying
During the two-year legislative session that ended December 1, 2008, Sacramento County spent $857,855 for lobbyists and membership dues in advocacy groups to lobby the California legislature. 
In 2008, Sacramento County reported $300,000 spent on lobbying the federal government. 
$8.3 million on wasted website
In 2003, the county hired Pennsylvania-based InfoMC Inc. at a cost of $8.3 million to implement a "fully integrated", "web-based enterprise management application" of the records of its mental health system. County officials who agreed to the contract believed they would save money in the long run by avoiding Medi-Cal payment over-runs.
As of February 2009, there is nothing to show for the expense. The project was to have been completed by the end of 2005.
The county faces a $55 million general fund shortfall in 2009 as the California state budget struggles, and mental health providers throughout the county face the lose of their funding.
- ↑ Taxes
- ↑ Permits and Zoning
- ↑ Sacramento County Auditor-Controller Reports and Forms, September 12, 2013
- ↑ Sacramento Bee, Laid-off California retirees double dip, Sept. 22, 2010
- ↑ Sacramento Bee, "Local government lobbying costs soar in California", February 10, 2009
- ↑ State-Level Lobbying and Taxpayers: How Much Do We Really Know?, Pacific Research Institute
- ↑ Open Secrets record of Sacramento County lobbying expenses
- ↑ Sacramento Bee, "County pays $8.3 million for database that never was", February 19, 2009