Sacramento County, California
As of 2006 the population was 1,347,799. The County covers about 994 square miles in the middle of the Central Valley, California's prime agricultural region.
- Main article: Evaluation of California county websites
- The names and contact information for all board of supervisor members is provided.
- Board of supervisor meeting minutes are agendas are published.
- The current budget is published.
- Information on contracts is provided.
- Information on taxes is provided.
- Information on building permits and zoning is available.
- Administrative officials are listed on their respective department pages, along with physical address, telephone, and email contact information.
- Audits are easily found under the Finance Departments Auditor-Controller tab.
- There is no information on lobbying.
- No information is provided on how to request public records using the California Public Records Act. The only reference to the California Public Records Act is as suggested reading regarding confidentiality of select public records.
- Main article: California public pensions
It was revealed that 53 former Sheriff deputies were collecting pension benefits and unemployment checks, which totaled $300,000.
- Main article: California government sector lobbying
In 2008, Sacramento County reported $300,000 spent on lobbying the federal government.
$8.3 million on wasted website
In 2003, the county hired Pennsylvania-based InfoMC Inc. at a cost of $8.3 million to implement a "fully integrated," "web-based enterprise management application" of the records of its mental health system. County officials who agreed to the contract believed they would save money in the long run by avoiding Medi-Cal payment over-runs.
As of February 2009, there is nothing to show for the expense. The project was to have been completed by the end of 2005.
- Sacramento County
- Sacramento County Sheriff
- Sacramento County Superior Court
- Sacramento County on E-Reference
- Communities and Cities of Sacramento County
- Sacramento County Superior Court of California
- Sacramento County on Wikipedia
- Permits and Zoning
- Sacramento County Auditor-Controller Reports and Forms, September 12, 2013
- Sacramento Bee, Laid-off California retirees double dip, Sept. 22, 2010
- Sacramento Bee, "Local government lobbying costs soar in California," February 10, 2009
- State-Level Lobbying and Taxpayers: How Much Do We Really Know?, Pacific Research Institute
- Open Secrets record of Sacramento County lobbying expenses
- Sacramento Bee, "County pays $8.3 million for database that never was," February 19, 2009