|Iowa House of Representatives District 77|
|January 14, 2013 - Present|
|January 8, 2017|
|Years in position||2|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 8, 2016|
|Johnson County Board of Supervisors|
|Bachelor's||Iowa State University|
Stutsman earned her B.S. in Human Services from Iowa State University.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Stutsman served on the following committees:
|Iowa Committee Assignments, 2012|
|• Human Resources|
|• Ways and Means|
Stutsman's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
"I will work to
- Effectively manage the state's budgets
- Create cooperative partnerships to effectively carry out the work of state government
- Serve our state's most vulnerable citizens and provide needed services to help them live well
- Restore education to a premier status
- Help Iowa farmers diversify and market their products"
Elections for the office of Iowa House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on June 3, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 14, 2014. Incumbent Sally Stutsman was unopposed in the Democratic primary and was unchallenged in the general election.
Stutsman ran in the 2012 election for Iowa House of Representatives District 77. She ran unopposed in the Democratic primary on June 5, 2012, and defeated Steve Sherman (R) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Iowa House of Representatives, District 77, General Election, 2012|
Stutsman and her husband, Roger, have one child.
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Sally + Stutsman + Iowa + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Iowa House of Representatives
- Iowa House Committees
- Iowa House of Representatives District 77
- Iowa State Legislature
- Profile from the Iowa House of Representatives
- Official campaign website
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Sally Stutsman on Facebook
- sallystutsman.com, "Official Campaign Website," accessed April 8, 2014
- Iowa Secretary of State, "Official primary election candidate list," accessed March 18, 2014
- Iowa Secretary of State, "Official primary election results," accessed June 30, 2014
- Iowa Secretary of State, "Official general election candidate list," accessed July 7, 2014
- Iowa Secretary of State, "Official general election results," accessed December 1, 2014
- Iowa Secretary of State, "Official Primary Results," accessed October 1, 2014
- Iowa Department of Elections, "2012 Primary Candidates," accessed April 26, 2012
Mary Mascher (D)
|Iowa House of Representatives District 77
| Succeeded by|
State of Iowa
Des Moines (capital)
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of State | Director of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Chair of Utilities |