|West Virginia House of Delegates District 35|
| Term in office began|
| Term in office ended|
Argento earned his B.A. from the West Virginia Institute of Technology.
Argento worked for the Nicholas County Health Department.
Argento died on October 28, 2010. His name remained on the ballot. If he had won the election, the Governor would have made an appointment to fill his term. However, he was defeated by Republican Harold "Pete" Sigler.
While a member of the West Virginia House of Delegates, Argento served on the following committees:
- Agriculture Committee, West Virginia House
- Government Organization Committee, West Virginia House
- Natural Resources Committee, West Virginia House
- Roads and Transportation Committee, West Virginia House
- Senior Citizen Issues Committee, West Virginia House
Argento was defeated in his bid for re-election to the West Virginia House of Delegates District 35 in the November 2, 2010 general election. He was defeated in the general election by Republican Harold "Pete" Sigler. He defeated Democrat Carlotta Ray Evans in the May 11 primary.
|West Virginia State Senate, District 35 Democratic Primary (2010)|
|Sam J. Argento (D)||1,561||70.32%|
|Carlotta Ray Evans (D)||659||29.68%|
Argento and his wife, Connie Criniti, have three children.
- Official list of West Virginia's November 2, 2010 candidates
- West Virginia House of Delegates
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2004, 2002
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Argento
- The Charleston Gazette, "Nicholas County lawmaker Argento dies," October 28, 2010
- West Virginia Secretary of State, "Statewide Results - General Election - November 2, 2010," accessed February 11, 2014
- West Virginia Secretary of State, "Statewide Results - Primary Election - May 11, 2010," accessed February 11, 2014
|West Virginia House of Representatives District 35
| Succeeded by|
Harold "Pete" Sigler
State of West Virginia
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Schools | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Service Commission |