|Former candidate for|
|California State Assembly, District 15|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
Kang's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
Changing California Schools So They Work for All Students
- Excerpt: "In addition to increasing funding and making it more reliable by reforming our tax structure and making multinational corporations pay their fair share, Sam will work to make sure our schools deliver their promise to the students who need it most."
Finding Sustainable Revenue to Ensure California’s Future
- Excerpt: "The revenue increases generated by Prop 30 are only temporary. So we must find a significant and sustainable source of revenue for the state. Creating a split roll system to tax residential and commercial property at different rates is a winnable issue."
Protecting the Environment and Creating a Green Economy
- Excerpt: "Sam believes that everyone has the right to live in clean, healthy, and sustainable communities. That’s why he’s against fracking and will fight to stop it."
Providing Opportunities for Working Families, Local Communities & Small Businesses
- Excerpt: "The quest for “job creation” has often times ignored the sources of it – wealth creation in local communities. This can be remedied by proliferating supplier diversity, the practice of targeting and contracting with minority-, women-, and disabled veteran-owned businesses."
Reducing Health Care Costs and Successfully Implementing the Affordable Care Act
- Excerpt: "Sam believes that everyone has the right to affordable and accessible health care. That's why he believes we must continue to strive for a single-payer system health care system. "
Elections for the office of California State Assembly will take place in 2014. A primary election took place June 3, 2014. The general election will be held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 7, 2014. Elizabeth Echols (D) and Tony Thurmond (D) defeated Clarence Hunt (D), Sam Kang (D), Pamela Price (D), Rich Kinney (R), Eugene E. Ruyle (Peace & Freedom) and Bernt Rainer Wahl (I) in the blanket primary. Echols will face Thurmond in the general election.
In 2014, Kang's endorsements include the following:
- California Asian & Pacific Islander (API) Legislative Caucus
- Californians Allied for Patient Protection (CAPP)
- California Small Business Association
- California Medical Association PAC
- California Chiropractic Association
- Crime Victims United of California
- RULE (Residents United for a Livable Emeryville)
- Korean American Democratic Club
- Chinese American Democratic Club
- Dave Jones, California Insurance Commissioner
- Warren Furutani, former Assemblymember and API Legislative Caucus Chair
- Carmen Chu, San Francisco City Assessor
- Jac Asher, Mayor of Emeryville
- Ann Cheng, former Mayor of El Cerrito
- Stewart Chen, Alameda City Councilman
- Josh Arce, SF Environmental Commissioner and Executive Director, Brightline Defense
- Michael Chan, President, Asian Inc.
- Anthony Chavez, Education & Community Outreach Consultant and grandson of civil rights hero Cesar Chavez
- Natalie Cole, Publisher, Our Weekly
- Earl “Skip” Cooper II, President and CEO, Black Business Association
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Sam + Kang + California + Assembly"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- California State Assembly
- California State Assembly elections, 2014
- California State Legislature
- California State Assembly District 15
- Official campaign website
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Sam Kang on Facebook
- samkang.ngpvanhost.com, "Issues," accessed May 9, 2014
- California Secretary of State, "Official 2014 Primary election candidate list," accessed March 27, 2014
- California Secretary of State, "Official primary election results," accessed July 15, 2014
- samkang.ngpvanhost.com, "Endorsements," accessed May 9, 2014