|Running for Alaska House of Representatives, District 33|
|General election||November 4, 2014|
|Alaska House of Representatives, District 32|
|February 24, 2014 - Present|
|January 26, 2015|
|Years in position||0|
|Elections and appointments|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Appointed||February 24, 2014|
|Appointed by||House Democratic Caucus|
Kito's website highlights the following campaign themes:
A healthy society is a productive society
- Excerpt: "Medicaid expansion a key issue for Alaska healthcare policy"
- Excerpt: "Being safe in our homes and communities is essential for physical and emotional health, and supports economic productivity."
Equality for All
- Excerpt: "I support equal rights for all Alaskans"
Educating Alaskans is a top priority
- Excerpt: "Supporting Alaska's public education system is paramount in the success of our state."
Elections for the office of Alaska House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election took place August 19, 2014. The general election will be held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was June 2, 2014. District 32 incumbent Sam S. Kito was unopposed in the Democratic primary, while Peter Dukowitz was unopposed in the Republican primary. Kito will face Dukowitz in the general election.
In 2014, Kito's endorsements include the following:
- United Fishermen of Alaska
- Alaska State Hospital and Nursing Home Association
- International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers
- International Brotherhood of Operating Engineers, Local 302
- Alaska AFL/CIO
- Sealaska Corporation
- Anthony & Mandy Mallott
- Joe & Liz Mallott
- Geron Bruce
- Tom Cahsen
- Harriet Drummond
- Dennis Egan
- Les Gara
- John Greely
- Max Gruenberg
- Mary Halloran
- Andy Josephson
- Hayden Kaden
- Scott Kawasaki
- Melanie Lesh
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
In 2014, the 28th Alaska State Legislature was in session from January 21 to April 20.
- Legislators are scored on "how supportive they are of Alaska’s private business sector."
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Sam + Kito + Alaska + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Alaska State Legislature
- Alaska House of Representatives
- Alaska House Committees
- Alaska House of Representatives District 32
- Official campaign website
- Profile from the Alaska House of Representatives
- Profile from Open States
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Sam Kito on Facebook
- Sam Kito on Twitter
- juneauempire.com, "House Democrats confirm Sam Kito III ," February 25, 2014
- democracy.com, "Issues," accessed October 22, 2014
- Alaska Secretary of State, "Official primary candidate list," accessed June 4, 2014
- Alaska Secretary of State, "Unofficial primary election results," accessed August 20, 2014
- Alaska Secretary of State, "Official general election candidate list," accessed September 11, 2014
- democracy.com, "Endorsements," accessed October 22, 2014
- Alaska Business Report Card, "About ABRC," accessed September 11, 2014
Beth Kerttula (D)
|Alaska House of Representatives District 32
| Succeeded by|