Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Hawaii House of Representatives District 33|
|High school||Kalani High School|
|Profession||Florist small business|
Kong was a Republican candidate for District 33 in the Hawaii House of Representatives in the September 18, 2010 state legislative elections. The general election was November 2, 2010.
Kong's campaign website listed the following issues:
- Excerpt: "NO TAX INCREASES! ...Our taxes are high because of the burdens we have placed upon ourselves through the years of trying to be the good guy. Oh yes, many a legislator wants to do good for the people of Hawaii, I have no doubt, but in doing so, they take on certain responsibilities and costs that become counter productive. ...Government is NOT the answer, and people truly need not look to the government for answers . There is a need to look to family, friends, churches, private institutions, because there is help out there."
- Excerpt: "Transportation has so many problems with the city doing one thing, and the state doing another. I understand the many responsibilities from air, sea and land. However, when it comes to roads there are different entities with differing plans."
Kong ran in the 2012 election for Hawaii House of Representatives District 33. Kong ran unopposed in the August 11 Republican primary and was defeated by District 34 incumbent K. Mark Takai (D) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Hawaii House of Representatives, District 33, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||K. Mark Takai Incumbent||67.2%||7,277|
Kong has a wife, June, and two children, Courtney and Justin.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google News search for the term "Sam + Kong + Hawaii + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Gay Marriage In The US: A Look At States Which Allow Same-Sex Couples To ... - Huffington Post
- Boxing Insider Notebook: Pacquiao, Mayweather, Rigondeaux, Chisora, and ... - BoxingInsider.com
- Acclaimed tenor appeals for help for Eastern Samar - Philippine Star
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
- ↑ Sam Kong, "Issues," accessed October 3, 2012
- ↑ State of Hawaii: Office of Elections, "Federal/State/County Candidates, 2012 Primary Elections," retrieved June 11, 2012
- ↑ Hawaii Secretary of State - Official 2012 Primary Results
- ↑ State of Hawaii Office of Elections, “Hawaii General 2012 - State of Hawaii – Statewide,” November 20, 2012
- ↑ Hawaii State Office of Elections - 2010 general election certified results
- ↑ Project Vote Smart, "Sam Kong," accessed October 3, 2012