|Hawaii House of Representatives, District 33|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|High school||Kalani High School|
Kong's professional experience includes working as an assistant service manager at Software Plus, an assistant service manager at SERVCO, an author, and as the owner and president of Aiea Florist.
Kong's campaign website listed the following issues:
- Excerpt: "NO TAX INCREASES! ...Our taxes are high because of the burdens we have placed upon ourselves through the years of trying to be the good guy. Oh yes, many a legislator wants to do good for the people of Hawaii, I have no doubt, but in doing so, they take on certain responsibilities and costs that become counter productive. ...Government is NOT the answer, and people truly need not look to the government for answers . There is a need to look to family, friends, churches, private institutions, because there is help out there."
- Excerpt: "Transportation has so many problems with the city doing one thing, and the state doing another. I understand the many responsibilities from air, sea and land. However, when it comes to roads there are different entities with differing plans."
Elections for the office of Hawaii House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election took place August 9, 2014. The general election will be held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was June 3, 2014. Sam Kong defeated Tracy Arakaki and Arnold Wong in the Democratic primary, while Robert C. Helsham, Sr. was unopposed in the Republican primary. Kong will face Helsham in the general election.
|Hawaii House of Representatives, District 33 Democratic Primary, 2014|
Kong ran in the 2012 election for Hawaii House of Representatives District 33. Kong ran unopposed in the August 11 Republican primary and was defeated by District 34 incumbent K. Mark Takai (D) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Hawaii House of Representatives, District 33, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||K. Mark Takai Incumbent||67.2%||7,277|
Kong has a wife, June, and two children, Courtney and Justin.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google News search for the term "Sam + Kong + Hawaii + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Hawaii House of Representatives
- Hawaii House of Representatives District 33
- Hawaii House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Hawaii State Legislature
- Project Vote Smart, "Biography," accessed July 21, 2014
- Sam Kong, "Issues," accessed October 3, 2012
- Hawaii Secretary of State, "Official primary candidate list," accessed June 6, 2014
- Hawaii Secretary of State, "Official primary election results," accessed August 25, 2014
- civilbeat.com, " Unofficial 2012 Primary election candidate list," accessed March 24, 2014
- Hawaii Secretary of State, "Official 2012 Primary election results," accessed March 24, 2014
- Hawaii Secretary of State, "Official 2012 General election results," accessed March 24, 2014
- Hawaii Secretary of State, "Official 2010 General election results," accessed December 13, 2013
- Project Vote Smart, "Sam Kong," accessed October 3, 2012