|Virginia House of Delegates District 27|
| Term in office began|
March 10, 1994
| Term in office ended|
Nixon is the Practice Manager of The Computer Solution Company, Inc, and has previously served as Director of Business Development for The Whitlock Group, and as President for Strategic Information Systems, Inc.
Delegate Nixon speaking on unemployment insurance
Nixon's official website lists his priorities as, "Creating and Protecting Jobs," "Supporting a Comprehensive Energy Plan," "Improving Access to Healthcare," "Enhancing Public Education," "Defending the Second Amendment," and "Protecting Innocent Life."
His answers to the Virginia State Legislative Election 2005 National Political Awareness Test are available. He did not answer the question asking his top priorities.
- Commerce and Labor (Vice Chair)
- Subcommittee #1
- Health, Welfare and Institutions
- Subcommittee #2 (Chair)
- Subcommittee #4
- Science and Technology
- Subcommittee #1 (Chair)
- HB 1882 Richmond Metropolitan Authority (RMA); revises composition of Board of Directors.
- HB 1885 Telephone regulatory alternatives; determination of competitiveness.
- HB 1889 Unemployment benefits; minimum earnings requirement, extended benefits.
In 2009, Nixon was re-elected to the Virginia House of Delegates. He ran unopposed.
|Virginia House of Delegates General Election, District 27 (2009)|
|Sam Nixon (R)||15,938|
The top 5 donors to Nixon's 2009 campaign:
|Virginia Bankers Assoc||$12,500|
|Virginia Assoc of Realtors||$10,000|
|Virginia Hospital & Healthcare Assoc||$6,000|
|Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield||$5,500|
- vahousegop.com Wilt, Robinson Win Special Elections; Caucus Back to Full Strength
- Project Vote Smart - Delegate Nixon
- Sam Nixon Sam's Position on Key Issues"
- Project Vote Smart - Delegate Nixon Issue Positions
- Bill Tracking - Legislation as Chief Patron
- Follow the Money, "Virginia House of Delegates 2009 General Election Results," accessed May 15, 2014
- Follow the Money, "2009 Campaign Contributions," accessed May 15, 2014
|Virginia House of Delegates District 27
| Succeeded by|
State of Virginia
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of Public Accounts | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor and Industry | Chairman of State Corporation Commission |