|U.S. House, California, District 1|
|California State Senate|
- See also: California State Senate elections, 2010
Aanestad was ineligible to run for re-election in 2010 because of California's term limits.
In 2006 Aanestad was re-elected to the California State Senate, District 4. He finished with 182,494 votes and was followed by Paul Singh with 99,293, Tony Munroe with 9,300, and Robert Vizzard 8,520. Aanestad raised $372,860 for his campaign fund.
|California State Senate, District 4|
|Samuel Aanestad (R)||182,494|
|Paul Singh (D)||99,293|
|Tony Munroe (L)||9,300|
|Robert Vizzard (G)||8,520|
In 2006 Aanestad raised $372,860 in campaign donations. His top three contributors are listed below.
|California Association of Realtors||$10,900|
|California Medical Association||$6,700|
|Pechanga Band of Luiseno Mission Indians||$6,600|
Fined over gift disclosure
In February 2010 Aanestad agreed to pay a fine of $200 for failing to disclose gifts from interest groups. Thirty other California lawmakers agreed to pay fines as well.
Capitol Weekly, California's major weekly periodical covering the state legislature, publishes an annual legislative scorecard to pin down the political or ideological leanings of every member of the legislature based on how they voted on an assortment of bills in the most recent legislative session. The 2009 scores were based on votes on 19 bills, but did not include how legislators voted on the Proposition 1A (2009). On the scorecard, "100" is a perfect liberal score and "0" is a perfect conservative score. ,
On the 2009 legislative scorecard, Aanestad ranked as a 3.
Aanestad was a member of the following committees:
- Boards, Commissions and Consumer Protection
The 4th state senate district is predominantly rural region that includes all or part of 12 counties: Butte, Colusa, Del Norte, Glenn, Nevada (part), Placer (part), Shasta, Siskiyou, Sutter, Tehema, Trinity and Yuba counties.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Samuel + Aanestad + California + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
- Official website of State Senator Sam Aanestad
- Legislative profile of Sam Aanestad on Project Vote Smart
- Biographical profile of Sam Aanestad on Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2006, 2004 and 1998.
- Campaign website
- ↑ Sacramento Bee, "Schwarzenegger picks Maldonado for lieutenant governor", November 23, 2009
- ↑ California Secretary of State, Official candidate list
- ↑ Unofficial election results
- ↑ California State Senate official election results
- ↑ Campaign donations
- ↑ Sacramento Bee, "California lawmakers agree to pay fines over gift disclosure," February 2, 2010
- ↑ Capitol Weekly, "Capitol Weekly's Legislative Scorecard", December 17, 2009
- ↑ Fox and Hounds Daily, "Random Thoughts on the Political Scene", December 18, 2009
- ↑ Capitol Weekly", Downloadable 2009 Capitol Weekly State Legislative Scorecard
- ↑ Sam Aanestad's committee assignments
- ↑ Committee on Local Government
|California State Senate District 4
| Succeeded by|
Doug La Malfa