For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
San Diego Marine Terminal Redevelopment Initiative, Proposition B (November 2008)
The initiative called for various improvements at San Diego's 10th Avenue Marine Terminal, which is southeast of the San Diego Convention Center. The improvements might have included a hotel, sports arena, a park, a stadium or some other project. If the ballot initiative is approved, the authority to make these these redevelopment decisions would bein the hands of the San Diego Port Commission.
- These final, certified, results are from the San Diego County elections office.
Developer Richard Chase supported the ballot initiative.
Environmentalists and waterfront property owners objected to the proposed initiative.
The question on the ballot:
|PROPOSITION B: "Shall the San Diego Unified Port District's Master Plan be Amended by the Adoption of "The Port of San Diego Marine Freight Preservation and Bayfront Redevelopment Initiative?"|
Path to the ballot
62,000 signatures were submitted to qualify the measure for the ballot.
- Full text of Proposition B (internet archive)
- Builders turn to voters in bid for San Diego port (dead link)
- San Diego Union-Tribune, "Port building initiative encounters opposition", April 8, 2008
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
- Port opposes plan for development, June 13, 2008