For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
San Dieguito Union School District bonds, Proposition AA (November 2012)
The approval of Proposition AA means that the school district is authorized to borrow $449 million. This will cost property owners $25.00 per $100,000 of assessed valuation.
The San Diequito Union High School has four middle schools, four high schools, two alternative schools and an adult education program. The district wants to build a new middle school in Carmel Valley; proceeds from this bond proposition would go toward that effort.
A 55 percent supermajority vote was required for approval.
- Final official results from the San Diego County elections office.
- SDUHSD trustee Amy Herman. Herman said, "...we’ve cut and cut and there’s no place else to go...We have to go forward. The voters will decide."
- SDUHSD trustee Beth Hergesheimer. Hergesheimer said, "This is not just a wish list – it’s a needs list."
The question on the ballot:
|Proposition AA: "To provide safe, modern schools and prepare students for success in college and careers by repairing and upgrading outdated classrooms and schools, constructing and upgrading school facilities, including classrooms, science labs, and libraries, improving safety and security, and supporting career training and math, science, and technology instruction with 21st Century instructional technology and facilities, shall San Dieguito Union High School District issue $449 million in bonds with independent oversight, no money for administrator salaries, and all money staying local?"|
Path to the ballot
The bond proposition was voted onto the November 6, 2012, ballot by a 4-1 vote of the governing board of the district in early August 2012.
Board member John Salazar was the dissenting vote. He said at that time, "In reality, some people in our district are not doing well. Their homes are underwater, they already pay Mello Roos and homeowners dues and they can’t afford the added tax."
- San Dieguito Union High School District website
- List of November 6, 2012 local ballot measures in San Diego County (dead link)
- Del Mar Times, "School districts approve bonds for fall ballot," August 7, 2012
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.