|Indiana House of Representatives District 73|
|Indiana House of Representatives District 62|
Sandra Blanton was a Democratic member of the Indiana House of Representatives, representing the 62nd District from 2007-2010. Blanton ran in the 2012 election for Indiana House of Representatives District 73.
Blanton is an Accountant with Southern Indiana Community Healthcare.
She is a member of the Democrat Women's Club, Mount Pleasant Baptist Church, Phi Beta Psi, and is a volunteer with SOAR.
- Commerce, Energy, Technology and Utilities
- Local Government
- Roads and Transportation (Vice Chair)
- Small Business and Economic Development
Blanton ran in the 2012 election for Indiana House of Representatives District 73. Blanton ran unopposed in the May 8 Democratic primary and was defeated by incumbent Steve Davisson (R) in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Indiana House of Representatives, District 73, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Steve Davisson Incumbent||54.5%||13,357|
In the May 4th primary, Blanton ran unopposed and received 2,665 votes.
On November 4, 2008, Democrat Sandra Blanton won re-election to the Indiana House of Representatives District 62 receiving 13,608 votes, ahead of Republican Daniel Brook Tarr who received 10,118 votes.
|Indiana House of Representatives, District 62 (2008)|
|Sandra Blanton (D)||13,608|
|Daniel Brook Tarr (R)||10,118|
In 2008, Blanton collected $164,057 in donations.
Listed below are those that contributed most to her campaign.
|Indiana Democratic Party||$70,516|
|Indiana House Democratic Caucus||$23,072|
|Indiana State Teachers Association||$15,400|
|American Federation of Teachers||$5,000|
|Carpenters Local 1664||$3,000|
|Laborer Local 741||$2,500|
|American Federation of State County & Municipal Employees||$2,500|
|Russ Stilwell for State Representative||$2,300|
|Indiana State Auto Workers||$2,000|
|Plumbers & Steamfitters Local 136||$1,500|
|Plumbers & Pipefitters Local 502||$1,500|
|Boilermakers Local 374||$1,150|
|25 Individuals $50 & Under||$1,114|
|Comcast of Indiana/Michigan LLC||$1,000|
|Indiana Trial Lawyers Association||$1,000|
|Southwestern IN Pac||$1,000|
|State & Local Candidate Contribution Fund||$1,000|
- Sandra Blanton's personal website
- Indiana House of Representatives - Sandra Blanton
- Project Vote Smart legislative profile
- Project Vote Smart biography
- Campaign contributions: 2008
- Sandra Blanton on Facebook
- Blanton for Indiana District 73 (2012)
- Twitter account
- Facebook page
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Blanton
- Indiana Secretary of State, "List of May 8, 2012, primary candidates," accessed March 6, 2014
- Indiana Secretary of State, “Election Results – Indiana General Election, November 6, 2012,” accessed January 24, 2013
- Indiana Secretary of State, "2010 Official General Election Results," accessed March 6, 2014
- Indiana Secretary of State, "2010 Official Primary Election Results," accessed March 6, 2014
- Indiana Secretary of State, "2008 Official election results," accessed March 6, 2014
- Blanton Campaign Donors
|Indiana House of Representatives District 62
| Succeeded by|
State of Indiana
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of State | State Examiner | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Utility Regulatory Commission |