Sandra Hendrick Berry
|Sandra Hendrick Berry|
|North Carolina House of Representatives, District 2|
|Profession||CEO of a Nutritional Company|
She previously ran for Granville County Commissioner in 2012.
Berry's professional experience includes working as the CEO of a Nutritional Company.
Berry's campaign website highlighted the following issues:
Responsible Spending of Taxpayers Money
- Excerpt: "Responsible spending of Taxpayers money by investing the taxpayers dollars back into the community where all or the majority of people receive the benefits. To set our goals for excellence in all we do, encourage responsibility, commitment, desire, respect for God and our neighbors and to give hope to all for a better future."
Improving Quality of Education
- Excerpt: "Education is one of government's most important responsibilities. Article IX, Section 1 of the North Carolina Constitution reads, "Religion, morality, and knowledge being necesssary [sic] to good government and the happiness of mankind, schools, libraries, and the means of education shall forever be encouraged." Article I, Section 15 reads, "The people have a right to the privilege of education, and it is the duty of the State to guard and maintain that right." To carry out these constitutional mandates, the State of North Carolina maintains a system of elementary and secondary schools, a system of community colleges, and the Univerity [sic] of North Carolina system. I know this is true and I will work hard to see that these things are put in place for our children to receive an excellent education in an environment that is safe and promotes learning. We need to put Prayer and Pledge of Allegiance to the American Flag back in our schools."
Lower Unemployment Rate
- Excerpt: "Families are having a hard time putting food on the table. Many people have lost their jobs and/or underpaid. The families are the strength of our communities, counties, and our nation. We need to help these business owners succeed and we will. God has given me solutions and I will work with God, and His people at the local, state, and federal level of government to see that people have what they need to take care of their families and animals. I will work to bring down the unemployment rate by working to educate and make available the things that are needed in our communities to put people to work. Knowledge of what they can do."
No Kill Animal Shelters
- Excerpt: "A lot of good work is going on throughout the world and in our counties in educating and providing and finding homes for many animals. But no animal should have to die in the gas chambers because we people did not have the animals spayed and neutered. We need to increase the education of our citizens in our counties and communities in what can be done to prevent so many animals being born and how to take care of the ones that are already here in a matter that God will be pleased with. I will work with the people involved to see that we have No Kill Animal Shelters through out the state of North Carolina."
Elections for the office of North Carolina House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election took place May 6, 2014. The general election will take place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 28, 2014. Larry Yarborough defeated Sandra Hendrick Berry and Jon Gregory Bass in the Republican primary, while Ray Jeffers defeated Brent Groce and Dalton Huff in the Democratic primary. Jeffers and Yarborough will face off in the general election.
|North Carolina House of Representatives, District 2 Republican Primary, 2014|
|Sandra Hendrick Berry||18.4%||483|
|Jon Gregory Bass||14.8%||388|
|North Carolina House of Representatives, District 2 Democratic Primary, 2014|
Berry and her husband, James, have 5 children, 12 grandchildren, and 6 dogs.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Sandra + Hendrick + Berry + North + Carolina + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- North Carolina House of Representatives
- North Carolina State Legislature
- North Carolina House of Representatives elections, 2014
- North Carolina House of Representatives District 2
- Official campaign website
- Sandra Hendrick Berry on Facebook
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, Official primary candidate list
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, Official general election candidate list
- Official campaign website, "About," accessed April 17, 2014
- Official campaign website, "Platform," accessed April 17, 2014
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "Primary Candidate List Grouped by Contest," accessed March 7, 2014
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "General Election Candidate List Grouped by Contest," accessed August 12, 2014
State of North Carolina
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Environment and Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Utilities |