|Michigan House of Representatives, District 39|
|Elections and appointments|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
Colvin's website highlights the following campaign themes:
Restore funding to our schools
- Excerpt: "Through my years of involvement with West Bloomfield School District, I have seen how important it is that our schools and teachers have the resources they need to prepare our children for today’s competitive job market. Supporting our kids and making sure their schools get the funding they need is one of my top priorities."
Roll back tax increases on middle class families and seniors
- Excerpt: "Recent tax law changes have resulted in many individuals paying more in taxes while corporations pay much less. This is simply unfair and it is making it difficult for middle class families and seniors to make ends meet. I will work to restore the tax credits and deductions families rely on, and repeal the tax on seniors’ retirement income."
Bring back funding for police and fire services
- Excerpt: "Public safety is one of the most important resources for any community. Without police and fire services, residents do not feel safe, and I will do everything I can to bring these public safety necessities back to full strength."
Support small business owners and help them create jobs
- Excerpt: "I have helped many small business owners throughout my career navigate through the challenges they face. We must support and encourage small business owners so they can create jobs and put people back to work."
Protect our natural resources
- Excerpt: "The 39th District is full of pristine lakes and rivers. The recreational beauty is unmatched here and across the entire state. We must conserve these resources for our kids and grandchildren."
Elections for the office of Michigan House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election was held on August 5, 2014, and a general election will take place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was April 22, 2014. Sandy Colvin defeated Michael Saari in the Democratic primary. Incumbent Klint Kesto defeated Deb O'Hagan and Alan Stephens in the Republican primary.
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 39 Democratic Primary, 2014|
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 39 Republican Primary, 2014|
|Klint Kesto Incumbent||55%||4,500|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Sandy + Colvin + Michigan + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Michigan House of Representatives
- Michigan House of Representatives District 39
- Michigan House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Michigan State Legislature
- Official campaign website
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Profile from Vote-USA
- Sandy Colvin on Facebook
- Michigan Secretary of State, "2014 Official Michigan Primary Candidate Listing," accessed May 27, 2014
- Michigan Secretary of State, "2014 Official Michigan General Candidate Listing," accessed September 8, 2014
- sandycolvin.com, "Issues," accessed July 29, 2014
- Michigan Secretary of State, "Representative in State Legislature," accessed August 6, 2014
State of Michigan
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor General | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Director of Agriculture and Rural Development | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor and Economic Growth | Chairman of Public Service Commission |
Michigan Supreme Court | Supreme Court Elections | Court of Appeals | First Circuit Court of Appeals | Second Circuit Court of Appeals | Third Circuit Court of Appeals | Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals | List of Michigan Circuit Courts | Judicial Nominating Commission | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |