|Iowa House of Representatives District 63|
|January 14, 2013 - Present|
|January 11, 2015|
|Years in position||0|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next election||November 4, 2014|
|High school||Kingsley-Pierson High School (1973)|
|Bachelor's||University of Northern Iowa (1977)|
|Years of service||1977-1980|
|Place of birth||Fort Still, Oklahoma|
Salmon earned her B.S. in Business Management from the University of Northern Iowa.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Salmon served on the following committees:
|Iowa Committee Assignments, 2012|
|• Natural Resources|
|• Public Safety|
|• Veterans Affairs, Vice-chair|
Salmon's website highlights the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt:"Cut taxes and enact meaningful property tax relief and reform – so businesses will want to expand and jobs will be created and to help families and those on fixed incomes keep more of their own money."
- Excerpt:"Greater local control of schools – decentralize it - let parents, school boards, administrators, and teachers handle it – they are capable – let’s support them."
- Excerpt:"Only marriage between one man and one woman should be valid or recognized in the U.S. or in Iowa."
- Excerpt:"Parental rights amendment to the U.S. Constitution – parents have the right to direct the upbringing and education of their children."
- Excerpt:"Right to life for the unborn child."
Salmon ran in the 2012 election for Iowa House of Representatives District 63. Salmon ran unopposed in the Republican primary on June 5, 2012 and defeated Bill Heckroth (D) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Iowa House of Representatives, District 63, General Election, 2012|
Comprehensive donor information for Salmon is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Salmon raised a total of $182,220 during that time period. This information was last updated on September 20, 2013.
|Sandy Salmon's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Iowa State House, District 63||$182,220|
|Grand Total Raised||$182,220|
2012Salmon won election to the Iowa House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Salmon raised a total of $182,220.
|Iowa House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Sandy Salmon's campaign in 2012|
|Iowa Republican Party||$132,721|
|Iowa Farm Bureau||$3,500|
|Iowa Bankers Association||$1,000|
|Bremer County Republican Central Cmte||$1,000|
|Total Raised in 2012||$182,220|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Salmon and her husband, Matt, have three children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Sandy + Salmon + Iowa + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
- Rep. Salmon's website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Sandy Salmon on Facebook
- Campaign contributions: 2012
Scott Raecker (R)
|Iowa House of Representatives District 63
| Succeeded by|
State of Iowa
Des Moines (capital)
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of State | Director of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Chair of Utilities |
Iowa Supreme Court | Judicial Nominating and Qualifications Commission | Circuit Court of Appeals | District Courts | Judicial Nominating Commission | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |