Santa Barbara Community College District bond proposition, Measure V (June 2008)
Measure V authorized the Santa Barbara Community College District to borrow $77,242,012.
The Santa Barbara Community College District planned to use the money to:
- Maintain quality, affordable, local higher education at Santa Barbara City College,
- Improve academic facilities for students transferring to four-year colleges,
- Improve academic facilities for nursing, health care, job training and other careers,
- Renovate aging classrooms, upgrade/construct facilities and acquire equipment,
- Upgrade energy efficiency/sustainability and disabled persons' access.
- These final, certified, election results are from the Santa Barbara County elections office.
The question on the ballot:
This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
| MEASURE V: "To maintain quality, affordable, local higher education at Santa Barbara City College,
shall Santa Barbara Community College District issue $77,242,012 in bonds, at legal rates, qualify for State matching funds, appoint a Citizens' Oversight Committee?"