Sara Branon Kittell
|Sara Branon Kittell|
|Vermont Senate Franklin District|
|Vermont Senate Franklin District|
|1995 - 2013|
|Bachelor's||University of Vermont|
|Other||Jeanne Mance School of Nursing|
|Birthday||November 8, 1946|
|Place of birth||Burlington, VT|
|Profession||Nurse/Small Business Owner|
Kittell is a nurse and a small business owner.
Kittell earned her RN from Jeanne Mance School of Nursing from 1967. She went on to receive her BSN from the University of Vermont in 1981.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Kittell served on these committees:
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Kittell served on these committees:
- See also: Vermont State Senate elections, 2014
Elections for the office of Vermont State Senate will take place in 2014. A primary election took place August 26, 2014. The general election will take place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was June 12, 2014. Franklin has two state senators. William Alan Roberts and Sara Branon Kittell were unopposed in the Democratic primary, while incumbent Norman McAllister and Dustin Degree were unopposed in the Republican primary. Michael Malone is running as an Independent candidate.
- See also: Vermont State Senate elections, 2012
Kittell did not seek re-election in 2012.
- See also: Vermont State Senate elections, 2010
Kittell ran for re-election to the 16th District Seat (Franklin District) in 2010. She ran against Mike McCarthy in the primary. She ran against Randolph Brock (R) and defeated Judith McLaughlin (R), Mike McCarthy (D), and Peter Moss in the general election on November 2, 2010.
|Vermont State Senate, Franklin District, General Election (2010)|
|Randy Brock (R)||9,014|
|Sara Kittell (D)||6,358|
|Judith McLaughlin (R)||5,463|
|Mike McCarthy (D)||5,219|
|Peter Moss (2010 Peace)||793|
On November 4, 2008, Kittell won re-election by finishing second for the two-seat Franklin District of the Vermont State Senate, receiving 8,920 votes behind Republican Randolph Brock (9,307) and ahead of Democrat Don Collins (8,731), Republican Bill Rowell (7,393), and write-ins (27).
Kittell raised $6,770 for her campaign, against $36,854 by Brock, $5,701 by Collins, and $13,795 by Rowell.
|Vermont State Senate, Franklin District|
|Randy Brock (R)||9,307|
|Sara Branon Kittell (D)||8,920|
|Don Collins (D)||8,731|
|Bill Rowell (R)||7,393|
In 2010, Kittell received $3,557 in campaign donations. The top contributors are listed below.
|Vermont State Senate 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Sara Branon Kittell's campaign in 2010|
|Vermont Fund For Families||$500|
|Miller, Doug & Wilbur, Jill||$200|
|Bushey, Mary & Richard||$200|
|Contribution By Candidate Or Candidates Immediate Family||$200|
|Beauregard, Paul B||$200|
|Total Raised in 2010||$3,557|
Kittell raised $6,770 for the 2008 election.
Her major contributors are listed below.
|Kym Boyman and Beth Robinson||$300|
|Jill and Douglas Wilbur||$250|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Sara + Kittell + Vermont + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
The Ethan Allen Institute, a Vermont-based free-market public policy research and education organization, released its biennial publication, the Vermont Voters' Report Card, for the years 2011-2012. The report showed how Vermont legislators in the state House and state Senate voted on key issues important to the Institute. Here's how Kittell voted on the selected bills:
|Vermont Voters Scorecard, 2011-2012|
|National Popular Vote||Green Mountain Care||Green Mountain Care||Green Mountain Care||Tax Bill||Free Speech||Health Exchange||CVPS Rebate||Cloud Computing|
Kittell and her husband William have three children.
- Biography from the Vermont Secretary of State website
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000, 1998, 1996
- Sen. Kittell on State Surge
- List of Vermont Senators
- Vermont Secretary of State, "2014 Candidate Listing," June 13, 2014
- Vermont Secretary of State, "2014 Primary Election Candidate Listing," accessed June 19, 2014
- Vermont Secretary of State, "2014 Independent Candidates and Minor Party Candidates Nominated by Party Committee," accessed June 19, 2014
- Vermont Secretary of State, "2014 Major Party Nomination Candidate Listing," accessed June 19, 2014
- General Election 2010 Official Results
- Vermont State Senate official 2008 election results
- Follow the Money's report on Kittell's 2008 campaign contributions
- Follow the Money, "2010 contributions," accessed December 23, 2013
- Campaign contributors to Sara Branon Kittell
- Ethan Allen Institute, "Report Cards," accessed September 10, 2013