|Former candidate for|
|North Carolina State Senate, District 18|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
Crawford's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
Jobs and the Economy
- Excerpt: "In order to support small business and the economy of North Carolina, we must work across the aisle to come up with a long term solution that balances the budget, makes the tax code fair to all North Carolina families, and provides small business owners the support they need to continue growing our economy and creating jobs here in North Carolina."
- Excerpt: "We must continue to support public education by recruiting and retaining the best teachers, and support them by increasing teachers’ wages to the national average and providing resources for every student in every classroom – without compromising North Carolina’s world class public university system. We must invest in every child to succeed, and the current General Assembly has proven that they are not willing to put teachers and students first. This must change, and we must ensure that North Carolina continues to value and invest in our public education system."
- Excerpt: "Denying fully funded Medicaid expansion leaves nearly 500,000 individuals and working families in North Carolina uninsured. In addition to leaving low-income individuals uninsured, denying Medicaid expansion will send our hard-earned tax dollars to other states and place additional burdens on hospitals and employers."
Elections for the office of North Carolina State Senate took place in 2014. A primary election took place on May 6, 2014. The general election took place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 28, 2014. Incumbent Chad Barefoot was unopposed in the Republican primary, while Sarah Crawford was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Barefoot defeated Crawford in the general election.
|North Carolina State Senate, District 18 General Election, 2014|
|Republican||Chad Barefoot Incumbent||52.9%||34,646|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Sarah + Crawford + North + Carolina + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- North Carolina State Senate
- North Carolina State Legislature
- North Carolina State Senate elections, 2014
- North Carolina State Senate District 18
- Official campaign website
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Sarah Crawford on Facebook
- Sarah Crawford on Twitter
- Sarah Crawford on LinkedIn
- sarahcrawford.org, "Issues," accessed August 18, 2014
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "Primary Candidate List Grouped by Contest," accessed March 7, 2014
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "General Election Candidate List Grouped by Contest," accessed August 12, 2014
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "05/06/2014 Official Primary Election Results - Statewide," accessed December 5, 2014
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "11/04/2014 Official General Election Results - Statewide," accessed December 5, 2014