|Former candidate for|
|Michigan State Senate, District 30|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
Howard's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
Creating Economic Growth
- Excerpt: "We need a reasonable approach to economic growth—one that builds per capita income, creates growth across all sectors, fosters training and education, and provides a place for our best and brightest young people to find their future in Ottawa County."
- Excerpt: "It’s time for a more reasonable, balanced, and effective approach to addressing the problems facing our schools today—one focused on what schools need, and one that honors the principle of local control our of community schools. "
- Excerpt: "We must work to create a vibrant, diverse, fair and respectful place to live and work in Ottawa County—for everyone. We need lawmakers who will encourage a balanced conversation on social issues and work together to resolve cultural rifts, promote thoughtful compromise, and ensure equality in our interactions with government."
- Excerpt: "West Michigan is one of the most beautiful and environmentally significant regions in the state—a haven for local residents, a destination for tourists around the world and an important and productive agricultural region—all thanks to the bounty of our natural resources. It’s critical that we protect Lake Michigan and the surrounding land and waterways for the future of the region. "
- See also: Michigan State Senate elections, 2014
Elections for the office of Michigan State Senate took place in 2014. A primary election was held on August 5, 2014, and a general election took place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was April 22, 2014. Sarah Howard was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Incumbent Arlan Meekhof was unopposed in the Republican primary. Meekhof defeated Howard in the general election.
|Michigan State Senate, District 30 General Election, 2014|
|Republican||Arlan Meekhof Incumbent||71.4%||62,338|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Sarah + Howard + Michigan + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Michigan State Senate
- Michigan State Senate District 30
- Michigan State Senate elections, 2014
- Michigan State Legislature
- Official campaign website
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Sarah Howard on Facebook
- Michigan Secretary of State, “2014 Unofficial Michigan Primary Candidate Listing,” accessed May 1, 2014
- sarahforsenate2014.com, "Issues," accessed July 18, 2014
- Michigan Secretary of State, "State Senator," accessed August 6, 2014
- Michigan Secretary of State, "State Senator," accessed December 5, 2014
- Michigan Secretary of State, "2014 Official Michigan Primary Candidate Listing," accessed May 27, 2014
- Michigan Secretary of State, "2014 Official Michigan General Candidate Listing," accessed September 8, 2014