Sarah L. Buttner
|Former candidate for|
|Delaware State Senate, District 4|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
Buttner's campaign website highlighted the following issues:
- Excerpt: "Sarah Buttner is committed to ensuring Delawareans have the opportunity to participate in the workforce. Improving our infrastructure, and supporting our schools so that students have the skills they need support job growth."
- Excerpt: "Sarah will work to ensure that teachers have a voice and can focus their attention on educating their students. She will work to ensure that programs for gifted and special needs students are adequately funded."
- Excerpt: "Clean water is important for us all. Sarah will fight to clean our waterways so that we have clean water for recreation, and for safe, healthy drinking water."
- Excerpt: "Sarah will bring her energy policy knowledge and experience to Dover to address important changes underway in the way electricity is generated and distributed. She supports the increased use of solar and wind power. The price of solar power in particular has declined, making it more affordable."
- Excerpt: "Preserving open space is an important part of preserving our quality of life in the Fourth District. Preserving open space means minimizing traffic. It also means preserving habitat for plants and animals. The Three Little Bakers and the beautiful Beaver Valley are important areas of open space in the district, and Sarah will fight for preservation of these."
- See also: Delaware State Senate elections, 2014
Elections for the office of Delaware State Senate took place in 2014. A primary election took place on September 9, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was July 8, 2014. Sarah L. Buttner was unopposed in the Democratic primary, while incumbent Gregory F. Lavelle was unopposed in the Republican primary. Lavelle defeated Buttner in the general election.
|Delaware State Senate, District 4, General Election, 2014|
|Republican||Gregory F. Lavelle Incumbent||61.9%||8,983|
|Democratic||Sarah L. Buttner||38.1%||5,521|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Sarah + Buttner + Delaware + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Delaware State Senate
- Delaware State Senate District 4
- Delaware State Senate elections, 2014
- Delaware State Legislature
- Official campaign website
- Sarah L. Buttner on Facebook
- Sarah L. Buttner on LinkedIn
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- State of Delaware - Official general election candidate list
- Sarah L. Buttner for Senate, "On the Issues," accessed October 21, 2014
- State of Delaware, "Official primary election candidate list," accessed July 10, 2014
- State of Delaware, "Official general election candidate list," accessed July 10, 2014
- State of Delaware, "Official general election results," accessed November 13, 2014