Sarasota County, Florida
Sarasota County's population as of 2007 was 387,461. It is one of 20 charter counties in the state. It became a charter county in 1971.
Evaluation of website
- Main article: Evaluation of Florida county websites
Last rated on Jan. 28, 2013
- Current budget is published.
- Budgets are archived to 1997.
- Elected Officials
- County commissioners are listed with contact information.
- Other county elected officials, including county clerk and sheriff have contact information posted at their websites.
- County administrators are listed with contact information.
- Financial reports are available.
- Audits are archived to 2007.
- Public Records
- Does not disclose if belongs to government sector lobbying associations.
Public records request
In September 2008, Democratic congressional candidate Christine Jennings filed what was described as "a large public information request" under the Florida Sunshine Law with the county's election supervisor.
- Sarasota County Government / Board of County Commissioners official website
- Sarasota County Supervisor of Elections
- Sarasota County Tax Collector
- Sarasota County Sheriff's Office
- Sarasota County Property Appraiser
- Sarasota County on E-Reference
- Sarasota County School District
- Sarasota County Chamber of Commerce
- Sarasota County on Epodunk
- Florida's charter counties
- Minutes and Agendas
- Bids and Contracts
- Current Bids
- Closed Bids
- Financial Reports
- Public Records Request
- Tax Collector
- Property Taxes
- Bradenton Herald, "Dems, Reps trade barbs over public records request", September 23, 2008
- Membership Directory
- PBC Clerk & Comptroller 5.30.07