New York State Senate, District 26
- See also: New York State Senate elections, 2010
Farber ran in the 2010 election for Ohio State Senate District 26. Farber was defeated by Democratic incumbent Liz Krueger in the general election on November 2, 2010. Farber was unopposed in the Republican primary election on May 4, 2010.
Farber campaign website lists five main issues:
- Education Reform: "Saul Supports continuing Mayoral Control of the Public School System and many of the reforms ushered in by Michael Bloomberg. Saul believes that Charter School Reform and high educational standards are critical to the future of Public Education in New York City."
- Stimulate the Economy: "Saul supports tax cuts for businesses – especially small businesses, which create the majority of new jobs in New York. Saul also believes that reducing the regulatory burden on our private sector will help encourage job creation in the future."
- Get Our Fair Share of State Spending: "For far too long, New York City has been shortchanged by Albany – even-though our taxpayers pay most of the bills in New York State. Saul will fight in Albany for us and make sure that for every dollar we send to Albany, we will get a dollar in State Spending."
- Reduce Taxes on Residents: "Saul supports cutting the Sales Tax in New York to make the City more affordable for everyone. He also supports cutting the personal income tax rates so that many who live on the East Side of Manhattan will stay here in New York – not leaving to more tax-friendly states in the North-East."
- Crime and Safety: "Saul opposes the recent effort in Albany to tie the hands of the NYPD. After decades of rampant crime in Manhattan, NYC is now one of the safest cities in America. Now is not the time to go back to the dark days of the past and Saul will fight for more crime-fighting initiatives in Albany when elected to the Senate."
- B.A., Politics and History, New York University, 2008
- J.D., New York Law School, In Progress
122 East 83rd Street
New York, NY 10028
- Official campaign website
- Official campaign facebook page
- Official campaign twitter page
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Imagine Election profile