|North Dakota House of Representatives, District 13|
|Elections and appointments|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
Brand's campaign website highlights the following issues:
- Excerpt: "As a Veteran of Operation Iraqi Freedom, I have the utmost respect and admiration for my fellow brothers and sisters in arms who have honorably sacrificed for our country. As an attorney, I have seen far too many of our veterans suffer from post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), traumatic brain injury (TBI), and other war-related injuries fall through the bureaucratic cracks. Ensuring that all of our veterans receive the services they need and deserve is the cornerstone of my candidacy and will be one of my top priorities in Bismarck."
- Excerpt: "Our Legislature has had the opportunity for years to bring meaningful property tax relief to the people of North Dakota. The time to deliver is now. I will work with both Democrats and Republicans to bring meaningful property tax relief to the people of North Dakota."
- Excerpt: "The oil boom in our state has brought us an abundance of financial wealth, as well as an abundance of needs of financial investment. I will not vote to lower the oil extraction rate until all corners of our State have received the needed upgrades and improvements to move our State boldly into the future."
- Excerpt: "The foundation of success is built upon well-structured and properly-funded education. This foundation starts with teachers. The teachers who dedicate their lives to ensure our children shine in the classroom deserve a workable paying wage."
- Excerpt: "I am committed to increased funding to keep up with the oil boom. I will ensure that our neighbors to the west receive the funding they need to ensure they are able to maintain a standard of living that we come to expect in our state."
- Excerpt: "I will also work to ensure our state puts a diversified energy portfolio in place. Although North Dakota is in an oil boom today, we must work hard to ensure we harness our world-renowned wind potential so our future generations can enjoy continued prosperity in our great state. When our one-time harvest of our oil resources is gone, the wind will still be blowing through our fields and plains."
Elections for the office of North Dakota House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election took place June 10, 2014. The general election will be held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was April 7, 2014. Incumbent Kim Koppelman and Christopher Olson were unopposed in the Republican primary, while Jaci Stofferahn and Scott Brand were unopposed in the Democratic primary. Koppelman, Olson, Stofferahn and Brand will face off in the general election.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Scott + Brand + North + Dakota + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- North Dakota House of Representatives
- North Dakota Legislative Assembly
- North Dakota House of Representatives elections, 2014
- North Dakota House of Representatives District 13
- Official campaign website
- Scott Brand on Facebook
- Scott Brand on Twitter
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- 2014 Primary Election Contest/Candidate List
State of North Dakota
List of North Dakota ballot measures | Local measures | School bond issues | Ballot measure laws | Initiative laws | History of I&R | History of direct democracy | Campaign Finance Requirements | Recall process |
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Director of Game and Fish | Commissioner of Labor | Public Service Commission |