Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|U.S. House, North Carolina , District 8|
|Iredell County Commissioner|
|2008 - 2010|
|High school||Milton High School|
|Bachelor's||United States Air Force Academy, West Virginia University|
|Ph.D.||West Virginia University School of Dentistry|
|Date of birth||1964|
|Place of birth||Huntington, West Virginia|
Keadle and his wife, Ming, live in Mooresville with their two daughters.
In 1998, Keadle ran for Congress against Democratic incumbent Rep. Mel Watt in the 12th District.
In 2010, Keadle challenged Republican incumbent Rep. Patrick McHenry in the 10th District, but lost in the primary.
The Washington Post listed the House of Representatives elections in North Carolina in 2012 as one of the 10 states that could determine whether Democrats would retake the House or Republicans would hold their majority in 2013. North Carolina was rated 8th on the list.
The primary took place on May 8, 2012.
"We Can Do This "
In April 2012, Keadle released his first TV ad, titled "We Can Do This."
- The Club for Growth PAC endorsed Keadle on March 19, 2012
- Red State
- Citizens United
- Madison Project
As of April 18, 2012, Keadle had raised $462,563 during the election cycle and spent $308,733, leaving him with $153,865 cash on hand. Of that, 54 percent was candidate self-financing, 44 percent was individual contributions, while only two percent came from PAC contributions.
- Statesville Record & Landmark Keadle Targets Kissel in 8th District January 13, 2012
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "Primary Election Results," accessed May 9, 2012.
- Washington Post, "The 10 states that will determine control of the House in 2012," accessed April 25, 2012
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "2012 Primary Results," accessed October 10, 2012
- Club for Growth, "Scott Keadle (NC-08)," accessed March 19, 2012
- Red State, "The Next Epic Battle: Scott Keadle Vs Richard Hudson in NC-8," accessed July 13, 2012
- opensecrets.org Accessed MAy 5, 2012