|Former candidate for|
|California State Assembly, District 33|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
Markovich's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt: "Scott Markovich believes we need to be transparent in what we are doing and obtain the approval of the bonds from the people as required in the constitution. Through this process, the bonds are sold in the open market and compete with other investments, so the rate of return has to be competitive."
- Excerpt: "Scott Markovich envisions a plan that would allow citizens in a community to invest in their own future, perhaps through crowdfunding or through a local bank to finance their infrastructure needs. Residents of a city or a county have a vested interest in improving their infrastructure, why not allow them to invest in their own future and receive a return on their investment."
- Excerpt: "Scott Markovich would encourage our leaders to look for ways to maximize our returns in planning our projects. Such as if we are able to build a sewer treatment plant that is capable of treating the water to where it could be used for landscaping, we could sell it and pay ourselves back for the cost of the project."
Elections for the office of California State Assembly took place in 2014. A primary election took place on June 3, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 7, 2014. John Coffey (D) and Jay Obernolte (R) defeated Michelle Ambrozic (R), Art Bishop (R), Robert J. "Bob" Buhrle (R), Robert Larivee (R), Jerry J. Laws (R), Scott Markovich (R), Rick Roelle (R) and Brett Savage (R) in the blanket primary. Obernolte defeated Coffey in the general election.
|California State Assembly, District 33, General Election, 2014|
In 2014, Markovich's endorsements include the following:
- Sheila Ben-Hur
- Hal Smith
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Scott + Markovich + California + Assembly"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- California State Assembly
- California State Assembly elections, 2014
- California State Legislature
- California State Assembly District 33
- Official campaign website
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Scott Markovich on Facebook
- scottmarkovichhasaplan.com, "The Plan," accessed May 12, 2014
- California Secretary of State, "Official 2014 Primary election candidate list," accessed March 27, 2014
- California Secretary of State, "Official primary election results," accessed July 15, 2014
- California Secretary of State, "Official general election results," accessed December 14, 2014
- scottmarkovichhasaplan.com, "Endorsements," accessed May 12, 2014