Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Utah House of Representatives District 67|
Parkin's website highlights the following campaign themes:
We need to focus on basic, pragmatic issues.
- Excerpt: "The fact is that Utah needs to work on education, jobs, and fundamental services that have begun to deteriorate over the past decade. That's my focus--make the core stuff work better."
Government is about the people
- Excerpt: "I believe in the core idea that a legislature that governs least, governs best. The focus should be on identifying and addressing real problems, and eliminating outdated or unnecessary legislation."
Communication and transparency
- Excerpt: "I can't promise to please everyone with every vote I cast in the legislature, but I can promise to make sure you know how and why I take a position, and I can promise to actively seek your voice and understanding of those issues."
It shouldn't be about personal benefits
- Excerpt: "I consider public service an honor and duty, and I promise to work for the interests of all, not of a particular faction or industry. "
Elections for the office of Utah House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election took place June 24, 2014. The general election will take place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 20, 2014. Scott Parkin was unopposed in the Democratic convention. Incumbent Marc Roberts was unopposed in the Republican convention. Parkin and Roberts will face off in the general election.
Parkin ran for election in the 2012 election for Utah House of Representatives District 67. Parkin was unopposed in the June 26 Democratic primary and was defeated by Marc Roberts (R) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Utah House of Representatives, District 67, General Election, 2012|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Scott + Parkin + Utah + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Utah State Legislature
- Utah House of Representatives District 67
- Utah State Senate
- Utah State Senate elections, 2014