|South Dakota House of Representatives, District 8|
|January 13, 2015|
|Years in position||1|
|Base salary||$6,000/session; $129/day for interim committees|
|Per diem||$110/legislative day|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Bachelor's||South Dakota State University|
|Profession||Assistant General Manager, electric power cooperative|
Parsley attended Brookings High School and earned his bachelor's degree from South Dakota State University. He is the assistant general manager of an electric power cooperative.
Parsley also ran for the South Dakota House of Representatives in 2008.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Parsley served on the following committees:
|South Dakota Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Commerce and Energy|
|• State Affairs|
The general elections for the office of South Dakota State Senate took place on November 4, 2014. A primary election took place on June 3, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 25, 2014. Scott Parsley was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Incumbent Chuck Jones was unopposed in the Republican primary. Parsley defeated Jones in the general election.
|South Dakota State Senate, District 8, General Election, 2014|
|Republican||Chuck Jones Incumbent||48%||4,188|
|Source: South Dakota Secretary of State|
Parsley won election in the 2012 election for South Dakota House of Representatives District 8. Parsley ran unopposed in the Democratic primary on June 5 and won election in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
Comprehensive donor information for Scott Parsley is available dating back to 2008. Based on available campaign finance records, Scott Parsley raised a total of $36,012 during that time period. This information was last updated on September 26, 2013.
|Scott Parsley's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||South Dakota House of Representatives, District 8||$0|
|2008||South Dakota State Senate, District 8||$36,012|
|Grand Total Raised||$36,012|
2012Scott Parsley won election to the South Dakota House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Scott Parsley raised a total of $0.
|South Dakota House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Scott Parsley's campaign in 2012|
|Total Raised in 2012||$0|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
In 2014, the 89th South Dakota State Legislature was in session from January 14 to March 31.
- South Dakota Right to Life: 2013-2014 Pro-life Legislative Ratings
- Legislators are scored based on their votes relating to the issue of abortions.
In 2013, the 88th South Dakota State Legislature was in session from January 8 to March 25.
- South Dakota Freedom Coalition: South Dakota Freedom Index 2013
- Legislators are scored based on their votes on the "top ten" issues affecting your freedom.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Scott + Parsley + South + Dakota + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- South Dakota State Legislature
- South Dakota House of Representatives
- South Dakota House Committees
- South Dakota Joint Committees
- South Dakota House of Representatives District 8
- Official campaign website
- Profile from the South Dakota House
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Scott Parsley on Facebook
- Campaign contributions from Follow the Money: 2012, 2008
- South Dakota Secretary of State, "Current Candidates for Primary Election," accessed May 2, 2014
- South Dakota Secretary of State, "Primary Election - Official Results," accessed June 4, 2014
- South Dakota Secretary of State, "Official General Election Results - November 4, 2014," accessed November 12, 2014
- Office of the South Dakota Secretary of State, "2012 Primary Election Candidate List," accessed April 9, 2012
- followthemoney.org, "Parsley, Scott," accessed September 26, 2013
Mitch Fargen (D)
|South Dakota House of Representatives District 8
| Succeeded by|