|Oregon State Senate District 9|
|North Bend Budget Committee|
|[scottrobertsfororegonsenate.com Campaign website]|
|| The information about this individual is current as of when his or her last campaign ended. See anything that needs updating? Send a correction to our editors
was a 2012 Republican
candidate for District 9
of the Oregon State Senate
- See also: Oregon State Senate elections, 2012
Roberts ran for election in the 2012 election for Oregon Senate District 9. Roberts was unopposed in the May 15 Republican primary and defeated by Arnie Roblan (D) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Oregon State Senate, District 5, General Election, 2012
|| Scott Roberts
- See also: Oregon House of Representatives elections, 2010
Roberts was defeated in the November 2 general election for House District 9 by incumbent Arnie Roblan (D).
2010 campaign themes
Roberts campaign website listed three main issues:
- Economy and Job Creation: "The three counties comprising our legislative district (Lane, Coos, and Douglas) have seen their share of hard times in the past two decades. With the shutting down of multiple timber mills and the countless regulations aimed at our local fishing fleets there continues to be obstacles placed before our hard-working members of these industries preventing them from growing and prospering."
- Education and School Choice: "As a Dad of three children... I feel the importance of education being funded responsibly so that these valuable dollars are kept directly in the classroom benefiting the individual student. I believe in the freedom in allowing and promoting education and the ability of families to choose their children’s education. These options can include public schools, private schools, charter schools, and home-schooling."
- Accessible Healthcare: "I am unique in my profession in that I have been educated and trained in various disciplines of both Dentistry and Medicine. It is important to have leadership within our Oregon Legislature of individuals that are experts and have direct knowledge of the medical profession. Along with providing adequate and accessible health care to the elderly, it is important to continue serving those in our community who are needy."
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Scott + Roberts + Oregon + Senate'"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
Scott Roberts News Feed
- ↑ Polkio.com, "ELECTION 2012: Roberts, Roblan eye Senate," accessed October 31, 2012
- ↑ Oregon Secretary of State, "Candidate Filings for the Senate," accessed April 11, 2012
- ↑ Oregon Secretary of State, "2012 Oregon State Senate Official Primary Results," accessed May 23, 2014
- ↑ Oregon Secretary of State, "2012 General Election Results," accessed May 23, 2014
- ↑ Oregon Live Election, "2010 General Election Results," accessed May 15, 2014