Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Montana House of Representatives, District 37|
|August 2013 - present|
|January 5, 2015|
|Years in position||1|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|Appointed||August 19, 2013|
|Appointed by||Richland/Dawson County Commissioners|
|Term limits||4 terms (8 years)|
Staffanson graduated from Montana State University in 1982. His professional experience includes working as a farmer and rancher.
Elections for the office of Montana House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on June 3, 2014, and a general election took place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 10, 2014; minor party and independent candidates had until June 2, 2014, to file. Rob Knotts was unopposed in the Democratic primary. District 37 incumbent Scott Staffanson was unopposed in the Republican primary. Staffanson defeated Knotts in the general election. Incumbent Mike Lang (R) ran in District 33.
Staffanson ran for election in the 2012 election for Montana House of Representatives District 37. Staffanson withdrew from the June 5 Republican primary and joined David Halvorson's campaign as its manager.
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
In 2013, the Legislature was in session from January 7 to April 27.
- Montana Conservation Voters: 2013 State Legislative Scorecard
- Legislators are scored on "hotlisted bills that represent a portfolio of priority conservation and environmental issues."
- MEA-MFT: 2013 Legislature
- Legislators are scored on bills of importance to a state teachers' union.
- Montana Public Interest Research Group (MontPIRG): 2013 Montana Legislative Scorecard
- Legislators are scored on issues of importance to a public interest advocacy group based at the University of Montana in Missoula.
- United Property Owners of Montana: 2013 Legislative Scorecard
- Legislators are scored on bills relating to property rights.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Scott + Staffanson + Montana + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Montana State Legislature
- Montana House of Representatives
- Montana House Committees
- Montana Joint Committees
- Montana state legislative districts
- Montana House of Representatives - Scott Staffanson
- Political summary from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Sidney Herald, "Staffanson named representative," August 20-26, 2013. Retrieved September 3, 2013
<ref>tag; no text was provided for refs named
Cite error: Invalid
- Montana Secretary of State, "2014 Candidate Filing List: Legislative," accessed October 29, 2014
- Montana Secretary of State, "2014 Statewide Primary Election Canvass," accessed June 30, 2014
- Montana Conservation Voters, "2013 State Legislative Scorecard," accessed August 30, 2014