|South Carolina State Senate District 38|
|November 14, 2016|
|Years in position||2|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 8, 2016|
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Bennett served on the following committees:
|South Carolina Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Banking and Insurance|
|• Fish, Game and Forestry|
|• Labor, Commerce and Industry|
Bennett ran in the 2012 election for South Carolina State Senate District 38. He defeated incumbent Mike Rose in the Republican primary on June 12, and was unopposed in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|South Carolina State Senate, District 38, General Election, 2012|
|South Carolina State Senate, District 38 Republican Primary, 2012|
|Mike Rose Incumbent||40%||2,798|
Comprehensive donor information for Bennett is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Bennett raised a total of $90,640 during that time period. This information was last updated on June 21, 2013.
|Sean Bennett's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||South Carolina State Senate, District 38||$90,640|
|Grand Total Raised||$90,640|
2012Bennett won election to the South Carolina State Senate in 2012. During that election cycle, Bennett raised a total of $90,640.
|South Carolina State Senate 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Sean Bennett's campaign in 2012|
|South Carolina Association of Realtors||$2,000|
|Pratt, Robert L||$1,800|
|Cuzzell, Sherril H||$1,100|
|Total Raised in 2012||$90,640|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
The South Carolina State Legislature was in its 120th legislative session from January 8, 2013, to June 6, 2014. In 2014, a statewide session was held from June 17 to June 19 "for the consideration of certain specified matters."
- South Carolina Chamber of Commerce - 2013 Legislative Scorecard & Year in Review
- Legislators are scored on business issues, including: infrastructure funding, the Department of Employment and Workforce Integrity bill, expanding 4-year-old kindergarten and funding for the Manufacturing Skills Standard Council.
- Greenville Tea Party - Greenville Tea Party Scorecard 2013
- The scorecards are not comprehensive, but concentrate on issues related to jobs, spending, and freedom.
- Legislators are scored on efforts to promote economic freedom, lower taxes, create an efficient and accountable state government, reduce spending, protect small businesses and reform the state's pension system.
- Conservation Voters of South Carolina - 2013-2014 scorecard
- Legislators are scored on environment and conservation of land efforts.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Sean + Bennett + South + Carolina + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- South Carolina State Legislature
- South Carolina State Senate
- South Carolina State Senate Committees
- South Carolina Joint Committees
- South Carolina state legislative districts
- AP.org, "South Carolina State Senate and State House Election Results," accessed November 7, 2012
- South Carolina State Election Commission, "Official election results for 2012," accessed May 15, 2014
- South Carolina State Election Commission, "2012 Candidates," accessed April 26, 2012
- followthemoney.org, "Bennett, Sean," accessed June 21, 2013
- South Carolina State Legislature Online, "H*5282 Concurrent Resolution," accessed June 26, 2014
Mike Rose (R)
|South Carolina State Senate - District 38
| Succeeded by|