Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|West Virginia House of Delegates, District 16|
|Elections and appointments|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|High school||Huntington High School, 2002|
Hornbuckle's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- "With the current climate of our culture in West Virginia, its increasingly vital that we do a better job in ensuring all residents have affordable access to education. The only way we can increase our living standards, better our families and the economy is for more people to have the ability to earn jobs, create jobs, and be a productive member of society with critical thinking skills. Being more educated also fulfills one’s self being and pride while spurring community involvment (sic)."
- Hornbuckle’s Goals
- "Cap tuition for post-secondary education similar to what Ohio has done."
- "Create a re-emergence of “PTA” like organizations that are more innovative in our elementary school systems."
- "Fight for funding for Universities, Community Colleges, Trade and Technical Schools alike."
- "Create innovative internship programs between high schools and businesses that are meaningful."
Elections for the office of West Virginia House of Delegates will consist of a primary election on May 13, 2014, and a general election on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was January 25, 2014.
Hornbuckle ran in the 2012 election for West Virginia House of Delegates, District 30. Hornbuckle, incumbent Kevin Craig, and incumbent James Morgan advanced unopposed in the May 8 primary election. He was defeated by incumbent Kevin Craig, incumbent James Morgan, Mike Davis, and incumbent Carol Miller in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Sean + Hornbuckle + West + Virginia + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Sean Hornbuckle, "Issues," accessed October 19, 2012
- WBOY.com "West Virginia General Election Results November 6, 2012" Accessed November 7, 2012
- West Virginia Secretary of State, "Statewide Results - General Election - November 6, 2012," accessed February 12, 2014
- West Virginia Secretary of State, "Statewide Results - Primary Election - May 8, 2012," accessed February 12, 2014
State of West Virginia
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Schools | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Service Commission |