|U.S. Senate, Texas|
|Bachelor's||University of Texas-Dallas|
|Place of birth||Austin, TX|
Hubbard earned his BA in Government/Politics from the University of Texas-Dallas. He formerly served as strategy director for the Molera for Congress Campaign in 2002. Hubbard was also an outreach coordinator for the Obama Presidential Campaign in Dallas in 2008.
Hubbard's campaign website listed the following issues:
- Excerpt: "I know that in a troubled economy, the first priority for Congress is getting people back to work. This is why I have created a plan that will not only put Americans back to work but also ensure a stable economic future."
- Excerpt: "It is time to find a solution to the issue of immigration. We must not only develop a solution for the undocumented immigrants that are already here but also discourage further violations of our immigration laws. I believe strongly in ensuring an orderly and documented immigration process."
- Excerpt: "Being the product of the public education system, I understand the importance of saving our teachers’ jobs and our education system. In order for the United States to meet the challenges of the new global economy we must have a first class education system."
- Excerpt: "I support increasing federal investments for clean energy development within Texas. We can become the top clean energy production and development nation and Texas should lead way."
- Campaign Finance Reform
- Excerpt: "I believe that the only way that we will get a more responsive Washington is to remove the big money influence from our politics. This is why I have come up with a plan for publicly financed campaigns."
- Marriage Equality
- Excerpt: "I believe that marriage is a basic right and should not be denied to any consenting adult. Our government should not be in the business of discrimination. This is a personal issue for me as my wife and I would have been denied the right to marry at different points during American history."
- Women’s Rights
- Excerpt: "It is an embarrassment that women’s rights have even become an issue for debate. It is absolutely shameful that politicians, both Democratic and Republican, flip flop on women’s issues depending on what will get them votes."
Hubbard has a wife, Jamie.
State of Texas
|State executive offices||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Secretary of State | Attorney General | Comptroller | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of General Land Office | Chairman of Workforce Commission | Chairman of Public Utilities | Chairman of Railroad Commission |
List of Counties |
List of Cities |
Texas school districts A - L |
Texas school districts M - Z |