|Delaware House of Representatives, District 10|
|January 13, 2015 - Present|
|January 9, 2017|
|Years in position||0|
|Per diem||$7,334 annual expense allowance|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|First elected||November 4, 2014|
|Next general||November 8, 2016|
Matthews' website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt: "I will use my experience as a civic association president and teacher to ensure that our neighborhoods and schools work best for our families and children. I am deeply concerned about the incumbent's relentless push for casino expansion. Instead of casino expansion, my legislative priority will be to add the voices of students and teachers to the conversations around school reform."
Elections for the office of Delaware House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on September 9, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was July 8, 2014. Sean Matthews defeated incumbent Dennis E. Williams in the Democratic primary, while Judith Travis was unopposed in the Republican primary. Matthews defeated Travis in the general election.
|Delaware House of Representatives, District 10, General Election, 2014|
|Delaware House of Representatives, District 10 Democratic Primary, 2014|
|Dennis E. Williams Incumbent||45%||568|
Matthews ran in the 2012 election for Delaware House of Representatives District 10. Matthews was defeated by incumbent Dennis E. Williams in the Democratic primary on September 11, 2012. The general election took place on November 6, 2012.
|Delaware House of Representatives, District 10 Democratic Primary, 2012|
|Dennis E. Williams Incumbent||52.8%||705|
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Sean + Matthews + Delaware + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Delaware State Legislature
- Delaware House of Representatives
- Delaware House Committees
- Delaware state legislative districts
- Official campaign website
- Profile from the Delaware House of Representatives
- Profile from Open States
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Sean Matthews on Facebook
- sean2014.com, "Official campaign website," accessed August 5, 2014
- State of Delaware, "Official primary election candidate list," accessed July 10, 2014
- State of Delaware, "Official general election candidate list," accessed July 10, 2014
- State of Delaware, "Official primary election results," accessed September 17, 2014
- State of Delaware, "Official general election results," accessed November 13, 2014
- Delaware State Board of Elections, "Candidate List," accessed July 13, 2012
Dennis E. Williams (D)
|Delaware House District 10
| Succeeded by|